Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Cover letter apply for assistance research position (my educational skills and motivation)

Atoosa Alibeigi 1 / 2  

I would be an outstanding addition

It is with a great interest that I apply for the post of the research assistant, which I hope would be present in your research team. During my education as a medical student, I have truly gained a lot of professional experiences and important research skill which makes me an excellent candidate for this position

Throughout my academic years, I exposed myself to the field of experimental neuroscience research which I found it fascinating and interesting. Meanwhile, I learn to handle laboratory animals and Induced animal models. Especially I am well trained in generating neurodegenerative disease models in rodents such as middle cerebral artery occlusion, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease and Multiple sclerosis. Much of my research interest has focused on the effect of neuroprotective agents on transient and permanent models of cerebral ischemia in rat. Moreover, I acquired the skill of scientific writing, publishing papers, research proposals and data analysis. Also, I am attaching my resume for your perusal.

During my final 2-3 years of education, I had the opportunity to become familiar with the clinical trial through my courses that is where my passion developed. My previous experience in the field of neurodegenerative disease and novel treatment merged with understanding clinical aspects inspired me to pursue my research interests in the area of a clinical trial.

My perseverance in chasing my dreams caused me to apply for this position and I believe with my skills, experiences, and commitment to work creatively and enthusiastically, I would be an outstanding addition to your organization.
Atoosa, one of the main concerns that I have with your letter is that you are applying for acceptance into a position that you are not sure exists in the laboratory that you are interested in joining. It would be in your best interest to first inquire as to the availability of the position prior to your applying. That is because if the position you are applying for does not exist, then your letter will not reach the head of the research team. It will be set aside, hopefully, for future consideration, should the position open up.

Your letter needs to address the reader as a hopeful applicant for the position that exists. You cannot inquire and apply in the same letter. That is why you have to adjust the tone of your letter to be more suitable for the proposed application status. Either you are inquiring or you are applying because the position exists to be filled.

You need to clarify how your professional and academic experience makes you the most suitable candidate for this position. That is done by directly relating your interests to certain research points in this office. So you need to familiarize yourself with the current status of the research being done by this doctor. Mention him by name, when you first heard about his research and how your experience relates to the current development of his research. Your training and his research have to intersect at the proper point in order for you to prove that you will be a valued addition to the team, regardless of the position.

This letter is as good as a template application that is not going to impress the reader. There is a failure on your part to create a point of interest either about your training, profession, knowledge, or ability to continue your own research alongside this doctor's own work. Without representing one or all of those points, the letter is not effective at all.
OP Atoosa Alibeigi 1 / 2  
Thanks for your precious comments, I try to consider all these useful suggestions. Based on your opinion it's better to find an appropriate position first then complete my letter.

Home / Letters / Cover letter apply for assistance research position (my educational skills and motivation)