Home / Letters   % width Posts: 5

Cover letter for postdoc application

goldlaid 1 / 1  
Dr. ^^
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
The University of ^
Email: ^^@ uga.edu

New Jersey, 1st July 2009

Dear Dr ^^:

I am writing you to apply for a postdoctoral scholar positions at your research group, which is related to my research experiences. Your group reputation for excellence in organic chemistry research gives me a strong impression and I would love to join it if I have the chance.

Now, I am working on "%%" project at Department of Chemical Engineering (Dr && Lab), Michigan University and will be available by September 2009.

Having studied the "%%" research, I want to study the %%. And I also want to learn %% in your lab.

As noted in my biographic sketch, before joining MU, I worked for my Ph D with research on "%%, and for my BS with research on "&&".

A copy of my biographic sketch with referees and my research interests and accomplishment is enclosed. If you need additional materials or information, I am happy to supply it.

I look forward to learning more about this interesting opportunity and exploring the fit with my experience. I would be pleased to answer any quick questions you have by telephone (XXX), and of course I would like to meet with you in person.

I believe that my perseverance and enthusiasm could help me success in the research at your lab. I will be very grateful if you can give me a chance.

Thank you very much for your consideration and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

XXX XX

Enclosure: CV
"I am writing you to apply for a postdoctoral scholar positionswith your research group, which is related to my research experiences" ."

The %% seem to be the meat of your essay, which for whatever reason you have seen fit to omit here, so there's not too much more feedback I can give you.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
As noted in my biographical sketch,

I would be pleased to answer any quick questions you have by telephone (XXX),

So... they can't call you to ask a long question or have a conversation? Unless you are so brilliant that post-doc programs are fighting over you, you might want to sound less like your time is so valuable that you would only be willing to speak with them briefly.
elainedlcruz 11 / 25  
Pls include the changes I've incorporated

I am looking forward in learning more about this interesting opportunity and exploring how it will fit with my experience
OP goldlaid 1 / 1  
Thank you guys. All suggestion is highly appreciate.

Home / Letters / Cover letter for postdoc application