Unanswered [1] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES

Letters   Posts: 4

Cover Letter for pursuing a M.Sc degree in Petroleum Engineering at Petroleum Institute

hasso0on91 1 / 3  
Could someone tell my if there's a mistake, or something need to be replaced, please ?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am applying for the Petroleum Institute to pursue my Master Degree in Petroleum Engineering with all my passion and desire for life-long learning. Throughout my search and discussions with academic professionals, I came to respect the high reputation of your university and the high quality of its courses, teaching methods and staff. I have always had a passion towards research areas in oil industry. To be more precise, i would like to peruse a career as a researcher in the petroleum industry, which led me to apply to your university.

I studied petroleum engineering at University of Khartoum, which is the number-one university in the country, and graduated with the first-class honors in 2013. I was consistently ranked amongst the top 3 students in my batch. During the final year, I have gained much more knowledge about team work from my graduation project, as well as, from the field trip, to one of the most well-known Sudanese oilfields. Between 2014 and 2015, I further sharpened my skills at the Central Petroleum Laboratories, a specialized comprehensive division that provides research and analysis services to the oil sector in Sudan. I worked there for seven months, which further polished up my knowledge and desire for research work.

I believe that my educational background combined with my skills and experiences have set me in the right direction to pursue a Master degree at your university. I have overcome many difficult situations which helped me develop great self confidence, self motivation and a willingness to learn and grow as a person. I am now looking for my next challenge, gaining a place at your highly prestigious university and start learning new different aspects in petroleum engineering. If I can get an opportunity to be a part of that intellectually stimulating environment, I am sure my talents will be put to optimal use.

I look forward to hearing from you and I do hope that you will look favorably on my application

Yours faithfully.

- I have always had ahave the passion

- atin the University of Khartoum,
- which is theone is finestnumber-one university - the first-class honors in 2013.

- whichthat helped me develop a great self confidence,
- new and different
- IfShould I
- can get anbe given the opportunity
- to be a part of thatyour intellectually
- I am sure my talents will be put toknow I will be able to
- optimal useoptimize my full potential .
- and I do hope that you will look favorably on my application( this is not necessary at all )

Hi Hassan, I took the liberty to correct the essay in hopes of sharing and enhancing your essay when you do the revision.
OP hasso0on91 1 / 3  
Hi justivy03, i do appreciate your help, feel free to do any thing :)
i just need to know something else regarding to my address and the address of the university i'd like to apply for, where should i put both of them?
Hi Hassan, we appreciate the words of gratitude towards our work here on EF and we hope to see more of your essays as well as the ideas you have to share here in the forum.

Now, I'm not sure what address you mean by your inquiry, but if you mean the salutation address as well as the physical address of the university, in modern form of writing, you should put it in the upper left hand corner of the letter as well as the salutation, the one where you address the committee, Dear Sir...., however, this is just a suggestion, there are still a few form of writing plot as well as different approach to keep the presentation of the essay sharp but putting it on the upper left hand corner is going to keep your letter its formal approach that is absolutely appropriate for the purpose of the essay.

Once again, I hope this insights help and will be incorporated in your future write ups.

Home / Letters / Cover Letter for pursuing a M.Sc degree in Petroleum Engineering at Petroleum Institute