Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

COVER LETTER FOR UN SECURITY OFFICER POST

rsbm 1 / 1  
Dedicated and highly organized professional with more than ten years of extensive experience in administration, operational security, risk management, situation analysis, emergency response, personal protection, planning, coordinating and leading anti-terrorism/insurgency/naxalites combat operations, law enforcement, comprehensive field training, substantial leadership and command experience in 'Central Reserve Police Force', the largest paramilitary force of the World. Well versed and skilled in formulating strategic plans, conducting Security and contingency Operations within culturally diverse, politically sensitive, strategically challenging environments. Strong problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop and implement effective action plans. Followed safety protocol, security and emergencies procedures in the highly threat environments, proved security response with tenacity, endurance and remained focused and productive in challenging situations.

I have peculiarity of serving in elite National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), primarily responsible for risk mitigation, crises and disaster Management (Humanitarian Affairs), rescue and relief operations in India. I also worked with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), the highest policy making body for Disaster Management. Facilitated in preparing Standing Operation Procedures (SOP) for Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) security plan for 2010 Commonwealth Games held in New Delhi (Capital of India). I was involved in preparing Mock Exercises on Disaster Management throughout the country involving all stakeholders and theirs successful implementation. Participated in a number of specialist assignments/exercises including Disaster Relief Exercise of ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) held in Manado, Indonesia. Designated as "First Responder" for Natural Emergencies and disaster in NDRF.

My international experience includes my current deployment with United Nations Mission in Liberia as Deputy Contingent Commander, Chief Operational Officer and Contingent Environmental Officer of Indian Formed Police Unit-2, for a Period of 16 Months. My tour of duty ending in February 2015. Participated in planning and execution of security operations, joint long range and border patrols during the visit of senior UN delegates. Well versed in conducting security operations in strategically challenging post conflict and multicultural environments. Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds. Extremely flexible and have the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently and cope with stressful situations and frustrations. Ability to creativity and work with limited resources.
Rajender, while your letter is quite informative and expressive, it is too long. A cover letter should be no more than 3 paragraphs with your most important work experience noted in bullet form for easy and immediate information of the recruitment officer. This letter is only supposed to be a summary of your resume / bio data therefore the description in the letter should only be an overview of the positions you held, work duties involved and length of service. All in bullet format. Your letter should also indicate your desire to work in a specific position and why you believe that you are a viable candidate for the position. Keep it short yet informative. Do not provide too much information as it will become a redundancy of the documents you submitted along with your application.This is only supposed to be an introduction, not a personal statement.
OP rsbm 1 / 1  
Thanks for your positive response. Could you please designed short and expressive cover letter for applying for UN security Officer Post.
Here is a sample for you to follow:

Dear Mr. G.I. Joe:

I am quite interested in presenting myself as a candidate for the position of U.N. Security Officer as announced by the XXX office. My education, skills and experience have all developed in such a manner that would make me the most suitable candidate for this position. It is my belief that I am also a worthy candidate for this position because of my advanced training in this field under XXX and hands on experience relating to the necessary tasks for this job.

Having worked as a XXX at XXX I made sure that I would develop a strong and notable list of accomplishments on the job. Accomplishments that would show me consistently climbing the promotional hierarchy of the office that I serve. I have displayed an uncanny ability to XXXX (Mention your office related skills in relation to the position you are applying to. )

I am quite enthusiastic about discussing the possibility of my assuming this position at the soonest possible time. I plan to call your office on (mention a date) to follow up on my application. If you wish to contact me for more details about my application, please don't hesitate to call or email me. I hope to present my candidacy in person at the soonest possible time.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application.

Sincerely,

ec: Resume and reference letters.

Remember, this is just a sample. Your letter may be presented in a different way. The format is a decision you have to make for yourself. I am just offering an option as to how to write the letter.

Home / Letters / COVER LETTER FOR UN SECURITY OFFICER POST