Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

A coverletter requesting a PhD scholarship, for review

moayad 1 / 1  
Dear all,

I prepare this letter to send it to a school Chair to got a scholarship. I appreciate your help in giving me a feedback on it, any corrections or suggested amendments required.

Thanks

Dr. ...
(Position)

Sub: Application for Scholarship Program

Dear Dr. ...,
With this letter, I would like to apply for the scholarship program to attend the PhD in (...) at University of (...).
I would like first to introduce myself. I am (...), Jordanian, and I hold a Master's degree from the (Department of ...), (...University). In my bachelor study I majored in (...), and in my master study I majored and done research in the area of (...). My Master thesis title was (...), and I has co-authored the (...),published in (...).

Along my academic studies with my working now in an NGO like (My Work Place), it has given me a perspective of the importance of environmental and sustainable practices. This drive me to look forward to continue my studies in the Environmental Sciences and Sustainability. Among the universities available, I have chosen to apply to the School of (...) in University of (...)to pursue my study towards the PhD in Environmental Sciences.

I am concerned with being in the right place, being around the right people. I am confident that University of (...)is the best place to shape my future the way I imagine as it has the program I am looking for. In addition to the exceptional academic education will provided to me, I believe University of (...) will afford me and excellent opportunities to meet people from various nations and cultures, offering me different points of view and contributing to my flexibility and creativity.

I am interested in Living and pursue my study abroad. I feel that it will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my knowledge and widening my experience in a variety of academic disciplines.

It is therefore my zealous aspiration to join your University to complete my doctoral program and be accepted as an beneficiary of the Scholarship Program in May 2013. I am a hardworking and determined individual. I am confident that you will not regret giving me this opportunity.

Please find enclosed a copy of my Curriculum Vitae. Kindly contact me if you require any further details or documents. I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Best regards
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
With this letter, I would likeam writing to apply for the scholarship program to attend the PhD in (...) at University of (...).
I would like first to introduce myself. I am (...), Jordanian, and I holdhave got a Master's degree from the (Department of ...), (...University). In my bachelor study I majored in (...), and in my master study I majored and done research in the area of (...). My Master thesis title was (...), and I has co-authored the (...),published in (...) .
Along with my academic studies,with my working now in an NGO like (My Work Place), it has given me a perspective of the importance of environmental and sustainable practices. This drives me to look forward to continue my studies in the Environmental Sciences and Sustainability. Among the available universities available , I have chosen to apply to the School of (...) in University of (...)to pursue my study towards the PhD in Environmental Sciences.
OP moayad 1 / 1  
Thank you very much for your contribution. But what about the remaining part of the letter? is it fine?

Home / Letters / A coverletter requesting a PhD scholarship, for review