Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Discontinue part time course - a letter to describe the situation, give reasons why stop attending

sammish 1 / 1  
You have a full time job and are also doing a part time evening course. You now find that you can not continue the course.

Write a letter to your tutor.

In your letter,
describe the situation
explain why you cannot continue at this time
say what action you would like to take

Any feedback is welcome

Dear Sir,

Myself Abc Abc pursuing advance analytics course at Chicago public school. I am also full-time employee with ABC Consultancy and recently promoted as program director. Due to promotion my roles and responsibilities is changed and assigned to new project to build software for an Australian client.

I am writing this letter to inform you that i might not be able to continue my current course due to late night meeting with Australian business team as they only available during USA evening hours. I am also planning to visit in person next week for 2 months to complete the assignment which schedule to complete during June.

My humble request if you can allow me to continue my course during winter batch which will schedule to start from October. This will not only help me to complete my pending course but also help me to concentrate on my current assignment.

I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Abc Abc
Sam, you have the right idea but the wrong grammatical execution for the letter, Your sentence structure is horrible and cannot be easily corrected because of the "broken" English that used to write the letter. You need to do more sentence structure exercises to help with your proper sentence presentation and grammar development. Please allow me to show you a better way of executing the letter below:

Dear Sir,

I am currently enrolled in the Advanced Analytics course that is scheduled for weeknights from 6:00 - 8:00 PM. This is a class that I am taking even as I am a full-time employee at ABC Consultancy. I was recently promoted to the position of Program Director of the company, a position that requires me to perform more duties and responsibilities as I have been assigned to lead the creation of a new software for an Australian client. This is a job that will require me to visit Australia for 2 months to coordinate with the client and our company.

Due to the change in my work schedule and responsibilities, I will be unable to continue attending the Advanced Analytics course. As such, I am requesting that my enrollment be transferred to the Winter batch that will be starting in October. The change in my academic schedule will allow me to fully concentrate on my work duties and pick up where I left off with my studies as October is the target completion date of my work project.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
XXX
OP sammish 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot for your review. It would be great help if you can suggest any reference material i can use to improve sentence structuring. thanks in advance for your help.

Home / Letters / Discontinue part time course - a letter to describe the situation, give reasons why stop attending