Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

DORMITORY SCHOLARSHIP REQUEST - HOW TO CONVINCE THE DIRECTOR?

Est2k 5 / 9 1  
ADDRESS

Dear _________,

I am writing this to request for a dormitory scholarship in _SCHOOL_. I would like to urge you to accept my request for a slot in the dormitory of the school.

I am from a middle class family. My father is already bedridden, while my mother is only a housewife. The only source of our family income is my father's pension from Canada, for he worked there before. It goes without saying that we cannot afford to pay for the dormitory fee.

Given that we cannot afford to pay for the dormitory fee, it therefore leaves me no choice but to commute everyday from my house, which is in ____ City, to school. Our schedule for training has been set to 5PM-8PM and may extend until 9PM. And it takes at least an hour and a half for me to reach there. Adding the travelling time going to school and coming back home will sum up to three hours. Needless to say, the three hour-long travel time each day will cut my studying and sleeping time, which can surely affect my academic and athletic performance.

I will fully respect whatever decision you make, but I do hope that you would be able to take me as one of the dormitory scholars as it will be a great help and relief for me.

Sincerely,
_________
eliyawatss 1 / 1  
I think this is very convincing. What are you having trouble with, making the essay longer? I think it cuts straight to the point and provides enough evidence that you, above all others, need the scholarship. However, you could clarify how this could benefit them in the long run.

Home / Letters / DORMITORY SCHOLARSHIP REQUEST - HOW TO CONVINCE THE DIRECTOR?