Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

'The dress, a generious gift' - FCE Writing task thank you letter

sweetbitterrose 5 / 11  
Topic: Write a letter to thank someone for a birthday present which has come just at the right time and pleases you very much.
Dear Nga,
I would like to thank you for the generous gift. I am so glad that you spent time choosing such a wonderful gift for me. The dress you bought is truly one of the most lovely gifts I have ever received. And the most wonderful thing is that it has just come this morning, on this special day. What a nice surprised!

It is difficult for me to find the words to express my gratitude. The dress is really a perfect thing. Its style and colour suit me well. I truly fell in love with it just as I opened it.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful present. It really made my birthday a special and happy one.
Yours sincerely,
Please help me check this task! Editing is highly appreciated!
cdunk 1 / 8  
"AndT he most wonderful thing is that it has just ca me this morning, on this special day. What a nice surprised !"
* What is striked out I would strongly recommend getting rid of.
*What's in red is corrections.

I feel like you over use the word "wonderful" , you should explain what your "special day" was.

I know a Thank You letter is not ment to be as formal as most writing pieces and may not need as much detail, I do feel that it does lack detail.

This piece has potential to being a good writing task / Thank you letter though, good luck !
OP sweetbitterrose 5 / 11  
"Special day" means my birthday. Thank you so much for your suggestion and correction, Cecilia!

Home / Letters / 'The dress, a generious gift' - FCE Writing task thank you letter