Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Education Policies for Global Development - GLOBED Erasmus Mundas Scholarship- Motivation Letter

kschnet 1 / 1  
Hello all! This is my motivation letter for the Erasmus Mundas GLOBED Master Program. Thank you in advance for any feedback given!

the letter of Motivation

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to express my profound interest in Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in the Education Policies for Global Development (GLOBED) program. As a current special education teacher in a low income school district within the United States, I wish to go a step further to expand on my academic knowledge of the education sector and gain practical skills in global education policies. This is important to me as my career objectives include having a far reaching impact on students through sustainable policies.

I have always been drawn to education and making a difference in the lives of others. After starting my undergraduate degree at Wayne State University, I grew particularly interested in students who are underprivileged and who have many hurdles to cross. Over the past 5 years, I have gained professional experience as a special education teacher. I am strongly passionate for serving students with special needs and advocating for inclusion. However, I find myself driven to make a more significant difference in the lives of all children. How can this be accomplished? A program that addresses these issues on a global scale makes me excited for the promising opportunities and possibilities for a brighter future in education throughout the world.

Considering my professional background, I am motivated by the programs focus on including equity and social justice as central parts of policy making. The opportunity to create policies that are sustainable and far reaching is another reason that this program is a good fit for me. In addition, I would like the opportunity to learn and collaborate with others who may have varying perspectives and experiences.

GLOBED closely aligns with my academic and professional goals and the opportunity to study in this program would be a significant contribution to my future career. My goals include increasing my analytical skills and critical thinking within a collaborative setting, learning by doing through the opportunity of being involved in field work, conducting research, and the chance of building networks for future career options. Professionally, I aspire to work with an organization where my contribution is far reaching. I wish to make equity and social justice a priority in policy development through creating sustainable policies at the global level.

Not only is this program a good fit for me, I feel that with my background/experiences, my collaborative spirit and desire to be involved with creating policies with far reaching effects would make me an asset to the GLOBED program.
I am motivated by the programs focus on including equity and social justice as central parts of policy making

You will need to discuss the courses of interest to you with specifics along with the university of choice. Your proposed thesis would also help in this aspect to show how your motivation is based on a well rounded understanding of the courses offered during both years and its applicability to your work through the thesis. You should also represent your academic motivation based on the curriculum of the universities you have chosen, which also allows you to explain the motivation for your studies in the universities and the European countries.

The essay is too generalized in presentation. You should be more specific in your essay based upon the prompt requirements. Review the discussion requirements again and adjust your content to reflect the missing or incomplete discussion points.
OP kschnet 1 / 1  
@Holt- thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely go back and rework these missing points.

Home / Letters / Education Policies for Global Development - GLOBED Erasmus Mundas Scholarship- Motivation Letter