Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

My effort was to apply new strategies ; Cover letter for teaching assistant

tuantran 1 / -  
Hi all,

I am applying for teaching assistant position and I need to write a cover letter.
English is not my first language and I would like if somebody could help on proofreading / constructive comments / ideas...

Very much appreciation.

Taun

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to apply for the position as teaching assistant at ___. I am graduate student at ___ working on the dissertation under direction of Professor X. I expect to complete all work for my PhD program by May of 2013. I believe that my teaching and tutoring experience, and my research background in architecture make me a strong candidate for the position outline in the job description.

Before admitted in _ program at __, I received my Bachelor of _ in 2011, where I later was offered as the faculty member teaching in studios and gaving lectures in descriptive geometry for architecture and engineer students for 8 years. I found it was very challenge to teach architecture students to learn math-intensive subject as descriptive geometry. As went through architecture program and being architecture student before,

My effort was to apply new strategies (such as interactive-web based materials, online video examples...which have not been considered as common teaching approaches at the University wide at that time) to assist students to learn math-intensive subjects. For that reason, I was honored as outstanding faculty member for the year 2005, 2006 and 2008. But the most important award to me is the achievement that I was able to help my students to get involved in the class hours and they were getting enthusiastic for learning such challenging topics.

During being as graduate student at _, I was working at _ directed by my chairperson, Professor X. I was the mentor for undergraduate students and assist them on xyz topics related to their projects. At the lab, I also conducted several workshops about xyz to other graduate students who also are working on the labs.

My strong background and interest in building science has driven my dissertation to the topic on Building Simulation based optimization for natural ventilation in hot humid climate. Building simulation and optimization has become an emerging technology to play a big role in the architectural academic and practice. The thesis' goal is to propose a comprehensive and practical way to apply building simulation and optimization into more architect-friendly design approach.

There is still a big gap between those technologies and users to actually apply in the design process. My future research topic is moving towards evaluation-based orientated approach for building simulation and optimization in the architectural practice. The study could provide scenario-based benchmarking for design decision, which has been the natural process in professional practices. If I am able to be elected as the faculty member of your school, I am very glad to collaborate with Prof. X and Y, whose their excellence and experience is the good opportunity to the study.

With the experience in teaching, the vision of my plan is to develop a teaching course in the collaborated fashion with other faculty members to integrate the simulation and analysis tool into student's studio projects. What I will do is to stimulate student's interest in building science and technology and encourage them to explore capabilities and advantages of using such tools throughout their designs.

I also have included my resume and fortfolio which are also accessible at _. I will be available for starting work by June 2013. For more required information, or if you want to schedule an interview, please contact me at 000-000-0000 or email me at __

Thank you for your consideration and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

xxx
To Whom It May Concern:

Generally, when you apply for a career position, you do not use this phrase. It is better to write ; Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing to apply for the position as teaching assistant at __

I wish to apply for the position of Teaching Assistant at your institution.

[quote=tuantran]I am graduate student at ___ working on the dissertation under direction of Professor X. I expect to complete all work for my PhD program by May of 2013. I believe that my teaching and tutoring experience, and my research background in architecture make me a strong candidate for the position outline in the job description

I am graduate student of UUU university who is reading for a PHD under the direction of Professor XXX . I hope to complete my PHD program together with the dissertation by May 2013.

Before admitted in _ program at __, I received my Bachelor of _ in 2011

... what I highlighted is irrelevant.
I did my Bachelors degree in 2011 in mmmm major.

Home / Letters / My effort was to apply new strategies ; Cover letter for teaching assistant