Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

EPOG Scholarship sustainability consultant motivation letter.

Julyffff 3 / 5 1  
Hello,

I want to apply for the innovation and development master degree with the Erasmus Scholarship. I would appreciate your advises on the below.

The statement of purpose should not be more than 500 words. It should highlight the applicant's motivations for applying to EPOG+ Master's programme, any relevant academic and work experience, and future career plans. The statement will also indicate the Major(s)/Minor(s), the applicant wish to choose (and order of preference).

SOP - motivation letter

Esteemed Admissions Committee from the EPOG Master program (Erasmus),

I have the intention to become a changemaker who creates and leads sustainable and innovative solutions in the corporate world, capturing the real value of the total impact on society and building positive economic, social and environmental footprint in ways that are profitable. My name is xxx, I hold a bachelor 's degree in xxx, and I wish to apply to the Innovation and development master's program Minor C1.

Fifty-one billion is the approximate number of tons of greenhouse gases that the world contributes each year, and usually this figure tends to grow. The earth is warming because of human activity, we have already raised the temperature by at least one degree since the pre-industrial era and if we do not reduce emissions, the temperature will probably increase between one degree and three by 2050. All this additional heat will cause several changes in the climate, which in turn will greatly impact economic growth and consequently the conditions in which people live will worsen. It is estimated that agriculture in developing countries suffered 23% of damage and losses caused by large-scale climatic disasters between 2006 and 2016 according to FAO, and a third of the population of Latin America and the Caribbean live in areas at high risk of natural disasters, especially affecting the poorest. Although there will be societies more affected than others in the climate change scenario, the impact of rising temperatures will be widespread, this due in part to the economic, financial and political integration of world economies, mainly influencing productivity loss, mass migrations and damage to structures.

However, the solution to stop climate change is the net-zero commitment. We must stop emitting greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, applying the tools we already have such as solar and wind energy intelligently and quickly and create and innovate in cutting-edge technology to achieve the task. To address this issue and be those who thrive to transform business practices that have been established for decades, if not longer, encouraged me to pursue an academic path that allows me to work in Environmental Development Institutions and be a Sustainability Consultant to act as a preeminent impact partner, setting up Net Zero strategies and empowering business focused on green business building.

From working in multinational and startups companies, I realized how difficult but crucial it is to shift towards sustainability. While I was involved in a quality control process mitigation and monitoring project to contain oil spill during my internship, I realized it is vital to carry out an economic activity without endangering social life and without sacrificing natural resources by helping to build new businesses that lead to global sustainability efforts. This understanding was reaffirmed while I was working for a landscape and irrigation brazilian software company, leading the project to enter Latin American markets where due to their geographical position have dry regions that require large irrigation systems to maintain their cultivation extensions in conjunction with an excellent maximization of water resources. The correct management of the water resource for these countries means a growth in economic productivity especially when agricultural activity accounts for a large part of the GDP. Since then, I became aware that green-growth opportunities are leading the way and new models of resource efficiency are emerging at a rapid pace.

Currently, I work as Pricing and Procurement Coordinator in the international logistics industry, which allows me to have a great approach to the global growth and development projected in the economic performance of local markets. But I would like to be able to acquire different approaches to economic growth and its implications in the processes of development of societies towards sustainable transformations aimed at creating a better future for our planet while also strengthening business performance. That is why I am looking forward to have the opportunity to learn from the modules Political Economy of development due to their interdisciplinary implementation of theoretical and historical elements in the economic conception of development and to be able to link them with modules such as ecological economic, to analyze economic models that reproduces the interaction between economic development and climate change on a global scale. This program offers the perfect blend of curses so that I can achieve my goal of becoming a sustainability consultant.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing your response.

Sincerely,

xxx.
I wish to apply to the Innovation and development master's program Minor C1.

You have chosen 2 areas of study here. A major and a minor, both related somehow to your current profession and future career plans. A clear motivation for each subject should be indicated. By declaring the motivation for each, the consortium will garner a clearer idea of your expectations regarding your studies and potential career paths. Try to differentiate between motivations so the people considering your application will be more conscious of your individual motivations. While a collective motivation will work, seperate ideas generally tend to allow for a greater consideration chance during the review process. Make sure that the 2 individualized motivations are cohesive to ensure a solid motivational structure.

To address this issue

Having presented the complex problem you wish to solve, offer a solution that you have theoretically developed in this paragraph. Though this may not be the actual solution or line of research you will be undertaking, you will be able to show the consortium that your clearly understand what the courses are about and how your studies will result in a potential to develop an international ecological problem. This will act as your problem-solution motivation discussion focus for the essay.

Home / Letters / EPOG Scholarship sustainability consultant motivation letter.