Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Erasmus Mundus Master In Impact Entrepreneurship (EMMIE)-- Motivation Letter

zack1211 1 / -  

Letter of motivation

I believe that anything can be achieved when worked with commitment and zeal. The world of innovation, technology, and social impact has always fascinated me. Since my childhood, innovation and technology inspired me the most, the implications of technology, and the social impacts it has created while achieving SDGs goals around the world is commendable. I am currently enrolled in the final year of my undergraduate studies, studying politics and social science.

My studies has provided me an opportunity to explore the social life very closely. My love to produce social impact, design innovative solutions and built startup to help achieve sustainable goals was all innate, while my studies and on-field internship with RANNA accelerated it more. It was the second semester of my studies when I decided to built an ecosystem to create greater impact. My primary objective was to built a sustainable enterprise with an aim to create wide social impact. In 2019, I started to built an online tech based vehicle and roadside assistance, safety and emergency ecosystem for more than 20mn people. The main theme of the enterprise was to provide emergency roadside assistance services to users with complete safety, and convenience. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 pandemic our startup failed to produce wider impact. This unprecedented hard time, and our failure to not produce what I dream off pushed me to reset my strategy and helped me identify my weakness and strengths.

I believe failures are opportunities to learn. In early 2021, I built an another social enterprise dedicated to produce wider impact on the lives of our undervalued yet skillful artisans. The startup aimed to designed an online tech enabled ecosystem for handicrafts and artifacts with target to connect local artisans directly with global and national market. The primary objective of the idea is to produce greater social impact , empower artisans, preserve rich culture & art, produce growth and export skills to help achieve SDG Goal 1, 8, 9 , and 17. Soon after launch, our startup was selected for incubation at one of the prestigious campus incubation center in Pakistan. We also won national Inter-loop competition for our innovative model. Our goal is to create greater social impact using new technologies and innovations.

In incubation I met with like minded people, it accelerated my passion. I am confident that studying Impact entrepreneurship will equip me with modern tools to create greater and wider impact. The courses EMMIE offers completely aligns with my interests. It would also provide an opportunity to collaborate with entrepreneurs, startups and impact creator. Studying in three different cultures and countries will be a great comparative experience for me, and it will also widen my entrepreneurial knowledge. Engaging in producing sustainable solutions at the diverse studying setup will allow me to explore the innovation, and technology in more details. Beyond entrepreneurial experience, I believe it will be stepping stone toward my future goals to create social impact in Pakistan. I believe this programme will widen my experience, and will help me to produce and built sustainable and innovative solutions for my people, country and the world.
The current letter can be made shorter and direct to the point. Remember that there are thousands of applicants for minimal available slots in the scholarship. The reviewers will not appreciate having to read more than 500 words for just a motivation letter. 275-300 words would be more than sufficient to catch the attention of the reviewer provided you have written an interesting and truly admirable letter of motivation.

Do this by revising the letter based on the following advice :
- Open by focusing on the SDG goal you hope to assist your country in fulfilling
- Discuss the incubation project as it relates to SDG and its current status
- Highlight personal academic recognition and any attention the public or relevant agencies have paid to the project.

These are the relevant information that can help create a new, better informed motivation letter. There is more work to be done on the letter after the revision but, these will be a good start going towards the final version.

Home / Letters / Erasmus Mundus Master In Impact Entrepreneurship (EMMIE)-- Motivation Letter