Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Erasmus mundus scholarship motivation letter (Emotion)

mervkd 1 / -  
Hi!
I am applying to the EMOTION Master Program

The prompts for the letter of motivation are:

- How past experiences have prepared you for participation in EMOTION.
- How this program is likely to improve your own career perspectives.
- Why the candidate is interested in the Master.
- How the candidate can contribute to the Master. Maximum 750 words.
I would like to know how to strengthen my essay. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Dear EMOTION family;
I am writing this letter to you out of my great interest in the European Master In Translational Cosmetic And Dermatological Sciences (EMOTION) program. The content of your program has me very excited.

I have 10 years of experience in a community pharmacy that I owned. I completed a Master's program in Pharmacognosy because I knew it was necessary to gain the trust of the population and serve them well. I also provided consultancy services to my patients by constantly reading and researching about OTC and Dermo Cosmetic products. My interest was always awake and I kept improving myself by constantly following the developments. Although magistral drugs are not prepared in many of the pharmacies in my country, I continued to prepare even the most complex ones due to the training I received. My achievements in this area became a kind of my advertisement; and during this period, I prepared special dermatological magistral medicines for patients coming from many different regions of Konya in Turkey. My studies helped me learn how to communicate well and persuade others, as well as providing experience learning about different diseases and treatments. As a result, I have a wide range of knowledge about diseases and treatment procedure, which makes me a good candidate for your program.

After these 10 years of experience that I gained, I was appointed as a civil servant to the Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency (which requires an English language proficiency and Master's degree) because of my desire to change the city and the sector. After working ten years with the staff at my pharmacy and three years as a civil servant at Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency (is a member of ICH), I have learned how to work harmoniously with others and share responsibilities in a way that best serves the organization. Currently, I work in the Track and Trace System, which is a very new system. And thanks to this duty, I have prepared numerous presentations for many of the foreign countries and explained the functions of the system by participating in international symposiums, which has afforded me international experience. With the subject I have been working on, I have had the chance to specialize in subjects such as data analysis, status reports, and observing critical drug levels, drug distribution, and regulatory compliance. Your program will offer me the opportunity to work in different countries with varying nationalities, so the fact that I already know how to work hard and adapt to various environments and situations will be very advantageous to my experiences abroad.

I have decided to continue my future professional career in the academic field. When I came across your master's program, I said to myself that this is exactly what I was looking for. During my Master thesis, I discovered a passion for natural formulations that I also implemented some formulations independently by the academic environment. I have knowledge about isolation techniques and a great interest in isolation of bioactive natural products that I learned in the field of Pharmacognosy. Moreover, my curiosity in pharmacology and biotechnology and to have possibility to mix knowledge between bioactive natural products and biotechnology made me so excited; I have been drawn to your program. It has the exact features that I want.

For my entire professional career, I have always been an ambitious, passionate, innovative, harmonious, and successful person. What I believe is as Heraclitus said "the only constant in life is change". As being someone who likes change and is enthusiastic for trying new things at the same time, it is a great opportunity for me to apply to your program, which offers scientifically unique opportunities, strong ties with the academic and industrial world, and an experience of living in at least several countries outside of Turkey.

Thanks to your program, I will find the opportunity to reinforce my knowledge and learn more. I want you to know that I am ready to do everything that I can in order to prove to you that I am an ideal candidate for your program.

Sincerely.
XXX
It would be beneficial if you show your academic progression in this field. Indicate a summary of your related undergraduate course, any awards or honors received both during your undergraduate and first masters course completion. This will help to show a thorough picture of how your interest in this field developed. You have a strong and relevant experience in this sector. However, there is a lack of clear explanation as to why you thought:

, I said to myself that this is exactly what I was looking for.

After that indicative statement, you should have discussed how this course will be relevant to your future career. based upon how your career perspectives will improve after its completion. Your reference to this aspects is so vague, it is non-existent. Your last line is unnecessary. This letter should have already proven that you are an ideal candidate for the program. There is no need to reiterate it because, if you failed to accomplish that with this letter, then you have lost your chance to do so with finality.

Home / Letters / Erasmus mundus scholarship motivation letter (Emotion)