Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Letter to express an intention of continuing studies as a fourth year college student of DFCAMCLP

chui 1 / 1  
REVIEW MY RE-ADMISSION LETTER BEFORE OCTOBER 15!

To the College Registrar:

I am submitting this letter to express my intention of continuing my studies as a fourth year college student of DFCAMCLP. I feel that I am ready to complete my academic journey and graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major in Financial Management. After dropping out of school last November, I requested a formal leave of absence to the College Registrar for the first semester of this academic year.

While I was away, I had two jobs. From April of this year until June, I was employed as an English tutor. After that, from late June until August, I worked as a contractual data encoder at DSWD Field Office IV-A. I suddenly needed to work full-time because we had a problem at home that made me an instant breadwinner of the family. Since our problem is personal, I have decided not to include it in this letter but if you wish to understand my situation more, I am willing to share it with you. Now that we had a temporary solution (temporary because the main problem is not solved but for now everything is settled because my aunts are helping me) to the problem, I have decided to go back to school to finish my studies and earn my degree as working to support my family made me realize that I can accomplish much more in life with a college education and am now motivated to do reach that end.

At first, I was hoping that I can split my subjects in half for the second semester (take the subjects for third year this year, and then the fourth year subjects next year) since I still have to work part-time to earn my allowance but, after consulting with the Academic Affairs Office yesterday, they have decided not to allow it and told me to enroll all my remaining subjects for the second semester because I have already finished my fourth year subjects for the first semester last academic year. Enrolling all my remaining subjects for the second semester means that I have to take a total of twenty-four units. I wish I can say it would be easy because during our first year, we took up more units than that. But the twenty-seven units I have to enroll now include Feasibility Study, and the others are Finance major subjects. I have already told my aunt about it and she told me that she will support me with whatever decision I make. Now, I only hope that the schedule will not be too hard for me and not force me to leave my part-time job.

I never thought that going back to school would be easy, but I did not think it would require me to make hard decisions, especially now that I have a lot more to think about before deciding. But thinking about it, I just keep telling myself that I have to be determined to do everything in my power to be a better student. After all, I just have a year to survive college. After I graduate, I want to finish BS in Accountancy too, and if I would be really lucky, I want to be a CPA-Lawyer in the future. This is my ambition. And this is what I think about every time I am tempted to give up. I know that a better future is ahead and I am very thankful to DFCAM for it.
Reign, there are actually parts in the letter where it sounds like you are whining and already complaining about the school schedule even before you have been allowed to enroll for the semester. My advice is to take those portions out.Specifically, take this following out of the letter:

At first, I was hoping that I can split my subjects in half for the second semester (take the subjects for third year this year, and then the fourth year subjects next year) since I [...]

[...] whatever decision I make. Now, I only hope that the schedule will not be too hard for me and not force me to leave my part-time job.

The essay carries more strength and conviction on your part without that. The image that you need to portray with the school registrar is that you are willing and able to do anything that it will take in order to complete your required courses for graduation. Including the above paragraph does not make anybody reading the letter believe that you can do that. So it is best to eliminate any statements that may create doubt in the readers mind.

You have already told the registrar that your aunt will be helping you out without question or fail, so why do you need to question your abilities to succeed this semester? Don't bother the registrar with possible obstacles on your part such as maybe having to leave your part time job. They don't care about that. That is not their problem to solve. Just concentrate your letter on the reasons why you need to complete your studies this semester and not the next one instead.

Home / Letters / Letter to express an intention of continuing studies as a fourth year college student of DFCAMCLP