Home / Letters   % width Posts: 5

Letter to express my interest in studying at University under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship

sampathroy 1 / 1  

Motivation letter for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, MSc in Mechanical Engineering

Dear Sir/Madam:

With this letter, I would like to express my interest in studying at University A or The University B, respectively under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship wherever I get the opportunity as a Master's student.

I completed a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABC in 2018. In all years at university, I studied Mechanical engineering was a direct consequence of my convictions. Subjects like Manufacturing Process, Design and Analysis, Metal cutting & Tool Engineering, Machine Design, Industrial Management, Kinematics & Dynamics of Machines, etc., revealed to me limitless horizons in the field of Mechanical Engineering. My undergraduate study was a richly rewarding experience, during which I have participated in various Industrial training programs and certification of ASNT level-II in Non-Destructive Testing. I have worked for 15months as an NDT Supervisor on Inspection and Quality management in XYZ. Also, I recently set up a Mechanical club at my home it is to teach students who studying mechanical engineering to help them to excel in various subjects. I hope that a degree from University A or The University B would serve as a solid base for a successful career in engineering, where hopefully, I would be involved in the development of new technology for cleaner and more efficient transportation systems.

My immediate career objective is a Master's Degree in Engineering. I look forward to a career in research where I cannot only use my academic background to achieve my research goals but also make original contributions to my field of interest. The ever-increasing part played by computers in every discipline of Engineering and their synergetic role in manufacturing procedures called ‛Computer Integrated Manufacturing' has encouraged me to learn various design application software packages like AutoCAD 2008 & Catia. I am willing to learn about Mechanical engineering in deep since I believe it is the field that can be considered my passion was an opportunity to gain knowledge of design and manufacturing in Mechanical Engineer.

The need for exposure to a wider environment has prompted me to seek an opportunity to study in Hungary. I am very curious about different approaches to the desired course at a foreign university.

I have chosen the first University A especially, appreciate the wide range of offered opportunities and the high range of industry outcome. The course offered is unique to me. Very important for me is the overall friendly atmosphere at both the university as well as the city.

I have chosen the second University B, because of their research output and university ranking in Europe as well as the world. I believe that no other school provides students with a combination of culture, education, and research environment, required for overall personality development, as offered by this institution.

Attending your prestigious institution would allow me to receive a high-level education. The knowledge I get through learning and experience at Hungarian university is beneficial for strong academic and practical growth in my mechanical engineering field. Thus, these new skills will help me build a future for myself and my family.

I am fully aware of how competitive the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship selection process is, but I am confident that my academic background, industry experience and self-motivation make me well-suited for this program. I would regard my admission constitutes not only a great honor but also a great responsibility and challenge to prove myself to this opportunity.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

High Regards,
XXXX
xkq0802 2 / 8 1  
I think it would be better if your letter is more focused and organised with all details. It is quite difficult to follow up and picture who you are and what you want from this letter. Maybe you can simplify it by stating why you think you are the best candidate for the scholarship: reason 1, reason 2, reason 3, etc.
OP sampathroy 1 / 1  
@xkq0802
Thank you for your feedback, you telling me that I need to add the best candidate for a scholarship only? Other than is it perfect?
Mazid1989 1 / 3  
For Motivation Letter, you have to answer these questions

1. Who are you and what are you applying for?
2. What is the motivation to pursue master's?
3. Why you have chosen this field?
4. How this program will help you in career?
5. How can you contribute in this program?
A motivation letter should look into 2 different aspects of growth in relation to your career interests. The first, is the academic motivation for studies and the second, is the personal growth aspect in relation to the advanced studies. Your letter does not really focus on the aspects that the reviewer would be interested in knowing about. You need to keep most of this information for the statement of purpose. So, the best way to divide this motivation letter, depending upon your word count would be as follows:

For the Academic Motivation:
Use paragraphs 3,4,5, 6. However, you will need to further expand the reasons for your university choices. As of now, these paragraphs are too short. They do not portray any true motivation for choosing the course at that university other than superficial reasons. These are not motivating factors to choose a university. You need to delve on your academic goals and how the course choice at each university will help you achieve that academic goal in relation to your future career plans.

For the personal motivation:
When you discuss the university choices, present the social reason for your choice after the academic reasons. That way you can show that you are looking to better yourself as a member of an international community. You should not however, come across as wanting to take a tour of the country on a student visa or sponsored capacity. That is the usual mistake the students make when trying to balance these two discussions.

Home / Letters / Letter to express my interest in studying at University under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship