Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

'She was flexible and willing to work on any project' - recommendation letter from employer

caoline 1 / 1  

Recommendation letter from employer

Hello, friends!

Need a revising my recommendation letter draft. Please help with grammar and word usage. Thanks a lot!

I have known XXXX since July 2016, when I had been searching for a new employee in my company. My company named XXX, and we do the software for cafes and restaurants. I had just launched my project, and I needed people for some assistance and people with a bit other vision, to generate new ideas and guide already existing. She had been working with us until October 2017.

In the first months, she devoted a lot of time to do market research, to test the first versions of our app, and to communicate with first clients. The months later she continued to communicate with clients, revise the program, reveal mistakes there and started to do the mailing lists and trigger e-mails. In addition, she tried herself in advertising, using Google AdWords features.

XXXX did her best, and always tried to bring up new ideas; sometimes they were very useful, sometimes a little inappropriate. Besides, she was always interested in upgrading her skills and in receiving new knowledge.

Since she was gaining her first job experience, she was flexible and willing to work on any project that was assigned to her.
Yet, I know, that she feels that she is lacking experience and knowledge. That is why she decided to do a Master degree in Project Management.

I am quite sure, that having received this chance to study in Germany, she will not miss it, and in the future, she would be ready to handle more complicated tasks and projects.

If you have any further questions with regard to her background or qualifications, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Polina, first up, It would seem that you are writing this letter in the hopes of finding someone who will sign it for you. I can tell that this is not an employer created letter due to the intricacies of the content that only the actual employee would know about. Information such as those indicated in the second paragraph make the letter itself questionable. Specially the reference to Google Adwords. You must remove any reference to information that only you would know about because that will make this recommendation letter null and void.

In order to improve this letter, you must open it with a formal introduction coming from the person who supposedly wrote it. So indicate his name, formal work title, and in what capacity he worked with you. Those information are either unclear of confusing in your current opening paragraph. Clean it up.

Never indicate that the ideas you bring up are inappropriate. The letter should only discuss your strengths. It should not give an inkling of any weaknesses on your part. Would you admit someone to work with or study in your school who may have the potential to have inappropriate actions? Right, you won't. So why say that in your recommendation letter?
OP caoline 1 / 1  
Thank you a lot!
But I didn't understand, why can't I mention tools I used? My employer knows about all things, which I wrote in this letter.
Polina, I am encouraging you to help the others at this forum just as I am helping you. You don't have to give perfect advice, you just need to give the others your comments and suggestions as to how they can improve their work. The forum is based on a two way street. Since you are receiving help, you are expected to give help as well. The problem with your essay is that it is not professionally written. No self respecting supervisor, team leader, or upper level management executive would write in this amateur manner. That is why it is obvious that the information contained was placed there by the applicant and not the boss. You must make the letter sound more professional in order to convince the HR reviewer that this was a letter written for you, not by you. I Suggest that you refer to our Services section in order to gain assistance in professionalizing the content and presentation of your letter.

Home / Letters / 'She was flexible and willing to work on any project' - recommendation letter from employer