Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

[GKS-G] Letter Of Recommendation on behalf of my manager for application of GKS-G

pursueyourdream 1 / -  

Letter Of Recommendation from supervisor

I wrote a recommendation letter on behalf of my manager for application of GKS-G. Please give some feedback. Thank you.

To whom it may concern,
I am the manager of an event agency. I am writing this letter of recommendation in strong support of Lan regarding her application for Global Korea Scholarship - Graduate Program.

I have known Lan for about one year, in which time she served as a salesperson within my agency. During this one year, I have been intially impressed with her diligence, responsibility for work and ability to learn thing.

Lan started her work in my agency when she was still in university. From what I saw, as a senior student, Lan had considerable pressure of study. However, she never neglected her works but always managed to get both study and work done perfectly, showing her great organisational skills. During her time in my agency, Lan was a caring, patient and kind salesperson who always supported customers devotedly. Besides, as far as I know, Lan got to graduate her university with outstanding records.

Despite the fact that her major hardly had no relation to our field of business, Lan quicky learned basic knowledge and skills that were unfamiliar to her in a brief time and soon became adept at dealing with new types of work. She did make mistakes, but wisely solved them without making customers dissatisfied. In our company, beside main business, we had to do everything ourselves. By trying her best to fulfill the tasks she took on effectively, Lan has perfected her skills day by day. I am proud to see how she developed and I believe that every single thing she learned will be great support for her work afterward.

Lan has been always enthusiastic about studying master in Korea. She hopes to get profound understanding of her major, as well as to experience Korea culture, which will become an important back-up for her dream - becoming a university lecturer who can inspire her students and spread the love for Korea. Considering her work performance, I strongly believe that she will make a great researcher. Moreover, as a kind and open-minded person, Lan will get on well with people around her. In addition, Lan is able to communicate in English quite fluently and it would not be a problem when she has to work or live with foreign people.

Based on our experience together, I can confidently assure that Lan is a perfect fit for the scholarship program and I wholeheartedly recommend her without hesitation.

Sincerely.
A formal background introduction of the person referring you is required in the first paragraph. He must introduce himself by name, his position, how long he has held the position, what capacity you worked in for his company, what role he fulfilled as your supervisor, and the length of time (inclusive of years) he worked with you.

The only aspect of this recommendation letter that must be given is your professional ability. The person does not have the ability to judge you as a student. He can judge your work ethic, but nothing more. It is quite obvious that the letter was written by the student and not by the referee. All because the content of this letter is equivalent to the same message that you gave in your application essays. The reviewers are trained to spot these types of letters and will therefore, declare your application invalid due to fraudulent papers submitted ( the recommendation letter). You can only fix this problem by asking the person to write the letter personally. Do not write the letter for them because your personal connection to the writing of the letter is too evident as it does not focus on the correct recommendation information as required.

Home / Letters / [GKS-G] Letter Of Recommendation on behalf of my manager for application of GKS-G