Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

'I hope my dream-study in America will come true'. How to introduce myself in this letter?

Natalii 1 / 1  
hi! how are you? let me introduce myself . i am Natalia, i am from Georgia. i go to the public school #1 , i am in the 11th grade . i study very well, especially i am good at history because that's my favorite subject. i am always trying to do my best and reach to goal , for now my dream is to study in America and that's why i am writing this letter. i am trying to improve my English and get better in it. my parents always are saying that the most important in the life is education so i want to get really good education ,for this i need to go in America. If i will get in America i will see how does american family live , what kind of tradition does they have, i will know there family rules and everything about them. to reach my goal i need help so i decide to start writing essays ( whit a lot mistakes) , but i hope i will improve my English and my dream-study in America will come true .
Hello, you are using English very well! It's not perfect, but it does not have to be perfect. Years ago, someone asked me how to write well. He was writing a letter like this one. I told him it's best if you think of the most interesting thing to tell the reader, and put that in the first paragraph. What is most important to you? People are making great accomplishments all the time, and with his unique point of view I thought he should tell the reader what his ideal accomplishment would be. He decided to tell the reader what type of work was most interesting to him. Maybe you can use an approach like the one he used. Is there is something funny or unusual about the way you became interested in your chosen field of study? You can tell the reader a story about it.

Sometimes, it's possible to tell a whole story in just one sentence. In a letter like this, maybe you would tell a story in two sentences. Even if it is not funny, it is still great to tell a story. People love to be told stories, and that is why writers often like to present things in the form of a story.

And after telling the story, you can explain what you intend to do. Here are some corrections:

Hi! How are you? Let me introduce myself. --- I capitalized the first letter of the first word in each sentence.

Use "and":

I am Natalia, and I am from Georgia.
I go to the public school #1, and I am in the 11th grade.
I study very well, and I am especially i am good at history because that's my favorite subject.

I am always trying to do my best and reach my goals. For now, my dream is to study in America, and that's why i am writing this letter.

I am trying to improve my English and get better in it. --- Good sentence!

M y parents always are saying that the most important accomplishment in the life is education so i want to get really good education ,for this i need to go in America. If i will get the chance to study in America, I will see how does the American family lives, what kind of traditions does they have, i will know there and their family rules. and everything about them.

To reach my goal i need help so I decided to start writing essays (with a lot of mistakes), but I hope I will improve ...
OP Natalii 1 / 1  
thank you very much you ^_^ i will write new letter soon and i hope you will correct it
Natalii, I agree with EF_Kevin, your English is good but not perfect which is absolutely fine because everyday is a chance to be good and hopefully perfect the language.

Let's disect your essay;

- iI ( make sure that you capitalize "I" regardless of how you use it ) go to the
- number 1 public school #1( avoid using symbols and abbreviations in your essay unless instructed to) ,
- iI am in the 11th grade .
- iI study very well, especially i am good at history
- because that's my favorite subjectand I'm good at it .
- iI am always trying to do my best
- and reach tomy goals ,
- for now my dream is to study in the United States of America
- and that's why i amI'm writing this letter.
- i amI'm trying to improve...
- ...most important thing in the life is education
- so i want to get a really good education ,
- for this i need to go in Americathe US .
- If i will get in Americamake it to the US i will see
- how does american family liveliving is ,
- what kind of tradition does they have,

As what they say, "If you can dream it, you can make it", so believe in yourself and and work hard in reaching your goals. Practice more and read a lot.

Home / Letters / 'I hope my dream-study in America will come true'. How to introduce myself in this letter?