Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Hydrocarbon resources plays a vital role to a wide range of fields; purpose letter statement

olajhide197 1 / -  
Please help me review this and make necessary corrections. Thanks.

STATEMENT OF PUPOSE LETTER
Hydrocarbon resources plays a vital role to a wide range of fields, from powering of automobiles, provision of raw materials for industries, electricity generation and various domestic and industrial usage. The need to focus on challenges to unlock new hydrocarbon reserves and enhance the recovery of existing ones to provide solution to the ever increasing energy demand cannot be over-emphasized. My interest in hydrocarbon resources was aroused at the start of my secondary school education when I learnt that Nigeria (my country) has more than 40 billion barrels of untapped hydrocarbons at deeper depths in its Niger-delta basin. I found myself in this fascinating thought of helping my country tap these huge reserves of hydrocarbon so as to boost its economic activities to the optimum and possibly make it the largest exporter of crude oil in the world. In years to come, my interests in exploring earth sciences grew immensely and this awareness became the force that drove me into pursuing a B.Sc degree in geology.

I completed my Bachelor's degree with a major in Geology in February 2013 under the Science Laboratory Technology Programme of my school (Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria). The undergraduate curriculum at Ekiti State University, Nigeria introduced to me wide gamuts of subjects both in and outside the field. Various courses like Exploration geophysics, Geochemistry, Stratigraphy and Historical Geology, Petrology and Mineralogy, Petroleum Geology, Sedimentary Basin Analysis, Geology of ore deposits and fossil fuels, Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology have provided me with a strong footing in the theoretical and practical concepts of Earth science especially in the field of hydrocarbon exploration and production. At Ekiti State University, Nigeria, I have received the best possible undergraduate education in geology in Nigeria. Throughout, my scholastic records and achievements have been outstanding, I have consistently ranked in top 50/0 of the students in my class and won the award of the best graduating student in my department. My years of undergraduate education have been an enriching experience both academically and morally, and I am determined to maintain the high levels of excellence throughout my I completed my Bachelor's degree with a major in Geology in February 2013 under the Science Laboratory Technology Programme of my school (Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria). The undergraduate curriculum at Ekiti State University, Nigeria introduced to me wide gamuts of subjects both in and outside the field. Various courses like Exploration geophysics, Geochemistry, Stratigraphy and Historical Geology, Petrology and Mineralogy, Petroleum Geology, Sedimentary Basin Analysis, Geology of ore deposits and fossil fuels, Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology have provided me with a strong footing in the theoretical and practical concepts of Earth science especially in the field of hydrocarbon exploration and production. At Ekiti State University, Nigeria, I have received the best possible undergraduate education in geology in Nigeria. Throughout, my scholastic records and achievements have been outstanding, I have consistently ranked in top 50/0 of the students in my class and won the award of the best graduating student in my department. My years of undergraduate education have been an enriching experience both academically and morally, and I am determined to maintain the high levels of excellence throughout my career.

A master study in petroleum engineering at the Technical University of Denmark will enable me to develop the skills needed to evaluate potential hydrocarbon reservoirs, oversee drilling activities, select and implement recovery schemes, design surface collection and treatment facilities, and apply modern technologies used in extracting and producing hydrocarbons. With the combined help of seismic, engineering and well data, I can subsequently apply my
Olajide, you should save your academic achievements for the latter part of your statement of purpose. The chronological order of writing this should be as follows:

1. State the purpose for your interest in higher learning.
2. Explain how it can help you advance from your current position as an employee.
3. Discuss your relevant work or internship experiences
4. Give an overview, not a detailed description of your academic background and important achievements.

I noticed that the letter is only half finished. If you implement my suggestions from the drafting stage, you may just find a way to finish drafting the statement of purpose sooner rather than later :-)

Home / Letters / Hydrocarbon resources plays a vital role to a wide range of fields; purpose letter statement