Home / Letters   % width Posts: 6

Informal letter to the embassy in London to explain what happened

Tetanya 6 / 21  
You are studying at a university in the north of England. Your passport has been stolen.
Wright to your embassy in London, giving details of who you are, what happened and asking what you should do to get a new passport.

Dear sir or Madam,

I am writing to you hoping that you could do me a favour. Recently something really embarrassing has happened to me, so I have a problem which I think could be solve easily, but, unfortunately, I cannot make up my mind what to do.

I am a student at the university and at thee end of a week I feel so tired. That is why I decided to go to a sale to relax. I thought it would be so wonderful, but I was wrong. Usually my friends give me a lift to places I want, but that day they could not. I had to use public transport. When I caught a bus, I realized that my purse had just been stolen. There were my passport and money. The first thing I did I went to the police and filled in a form. I am giving you some details, just in case. The number of the passport is A4847009X. It was issued on 28.02.1992 and the expiry date is 27.02.2002. I lost it on 9 October at about 10.20 am. The police said that I might have avoided this if I was not talking on my mobile phone. I feel upset and I do not know what to do. I cannot wait until my passport is found. It could take ages. I wonder if you could give me some information about what I should do to get a new one.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Your faithfully,

Tanya Dmytrenko
vaishali1980 26 / 83  
In first paragraph you should mention about problem and them give all description.
You are writing letter to embassy so I don't think that, this is good idea to give all detail about how it lost and reason.

As well as you can mention that you are attaching copy of your passport and police report.

"at thee end of a week I feel so tired." I think something mistake in this statement.

"I am a student at the university and at thee end of a week I feel so tired" these both are separate sentences.

I don't think following sentences are necessary in the letter
"Usually my friends give me a lift to places I want, but that day they could not."
"The police said that I might have avoided this if I was not talking on my mobile phone."

Instead of "wonder " you can use " thankful".
Azeri 10 / 137  
I am writing to you hoping that you could can do me a favour. I have a problem which I think could be solved easily , Recently, something really embarrassing has happened to me, and I cannot make up my mind what to do.

I am a student at the university and at thee end of a week I feel so tired. That is whyAt the week-end I decided to go to a sale to relax.

I agree. You give too much preferrence to description of your feelings. Focus on facts of the events instead.
lilliloli 3 / 10  
This good overall, just some grammar mistakes here and there.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you hopingin the hope that you could do me a favour. Recently something really embarrassing has happened to me, so I have a problem which I think could be solve easily, but, unfortunately,and I cannot make up my mind what to do.

I am a student at the university universities name . end of a week I feel so tired. That is why I decided to go to a sale to relax. I thought it would be so wonderful, but I was wrong. Usually my friends give me a lift to places I need to go to , but that day they could not. I had to use public transport. But, when I caught a bus , I realized that my purse had just been stolen. There wereInside my purse were both my passport and my money . The first thing I did I wentthought to do was to go to the police with my issue. While there I filled in a form . I am giving you some details, just in case . Here are my details in case you need them to further help me. The number of the passport is A4847009X. It was issued on 28.02.1992 and the expiration date is 27.02.2002. It was stolen on 9 October at about 10.20 am. The police said that I might have avoided this if I was not talking on my mobile phone.this is unnecessary information I feel upset and I do not know what to do. I cannot wait until my passport is found. I feel like it could take ages. I wonder if you could give me some information about what I shouldi can do to get a new one.

Your faithfully,

Tanya Dmytrenko
OP Tetanya 6 / 21  
Thank you for correcting my mistakes and I appreciate lilliloli for her help to improve my writing!!! I'll try to rewrite it.
You could also do this:
Recently something really embarrassing has happened to me; I have a problem that I think could be solved easily, but I cannot make up my mind about what to do.

I am a student at the university (name of the university). and at thee end of a week I feel so tired. That is why I decided to go to a sale to relax. I thought it would be so wonderful, but I was wrong. Usually my friends give me a lift to places I want, but that day they could not. I had to use public transport. When I caught a bus, I realized that my purse had just been stolen. There were my My passport and money were inside it.

I crossed out some unnecessary details.

Tell more about the kind of help you need, how you can be reached, etc.

:-)

Home / Letters / Informal letter to the embassy in London to explain what happened