Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Institute of Chartered Accountants - Reference letter - Chevening

karamali248 1 / -  
Please read through and advice. Thanks in advance

my complete confidence in this person

To,
The British Embassy,

I, XXX, a Fellow Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of XXX and Six Sigma (Black Belt), have been working as Partner at XXX since XXX. I am honored to provide a reference for Mr. XXX who has applied for the Chevening Scholarship to pursue Postgraduate Study in the UK. He has worked directly under my leadership since his joining in XXX. I also engaged with him in several service deliveries to our diverse clientele. It is no hesitation that he is a valued asset for the firm.

He is among the youngest ACCA Affiliates we have had at our firm. For his excellent performance while working for one of our Government and Public Sector client, he was selected for a permanent position at the firm.

During his time at XXX, he had worked with different managers within my domain, and I have always heard commendable feedback about him from everyone he has worked with. It was due to his client service and professional competence that he was promoted from Associate to Senior Associate in XXX, only after 2 years. He has made his position stand out at the firm and his growth, both professionally and personally has been exemplary.

He is not only an excellent individual performer but also a good mix of team player and leader, as required by the situation. He is always seen sharing knowledge with his team mates and learning from them. His interpersonal skills have helped him get along with other easily, not only his co-workers but people from other departments, clients and other stakeholders involved in service delivery. Also, he actively participates in social events and team building activities held at the firm. From taking initiatives, planning events and performing at the events, he is always a part of it, one way or another.

I have complete confidence in him. I firmly believe that obtaining a master's degree in business field from the UK and being connected to Chevening Network will provide him once in a life time opportunity that will benefit not only him but also Pakistan's Business Consultancy Industry.

I hope this information proves helpful. Should you require any further information regarding him, please do not hesitate to contact me at the email address listed below.

Best regards,
Delete the bragging phrase in the first sentence, the one about "Fellow Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of XXX and Six Sigma (Black Belt)". There is no sense in bragging to the Chevening reviewer who could care less about these unimpressive data from the referrer. Now, if he were a former Chevening scholar, then that would need to be mentioned in the recommendation letter.

The letter reeks of hearsay rather than actual observation of your work skills, which makes his statement about you having worked directly under him void. An excellent work performance that led to your becoming a regular employee also doesn't make any impression at all. There is nothing remarkable about your career past or present in this presentation.

The letter is weak an unimpressive. It does not speak of any truly admirable worth ethic, work accomplishment, or contribution that would make you a strong candidate for the scholarship. You are up against some of the most remarkable and memorable international candidates. You need to make sure that your recommendation letter is written by someone whose recommendation will make you as strong a contender as the other applicants.

Home / Letters / Institute of Chartered Accountants - Reference letter - Chevening