Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Instruction of Forestry in the Non-Degree Access Studies Program - Letter of Academic Intent

jamesfischbach 1 / 1  
James Alfred Fischbach
6029 Holland St
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6N 2B2

UBC Enrolment Services
University of British Columbia
2016 - 1874 East Mall
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z1

Dear Enrollment Services,

I am writing to express my interest on the Instruction of Forestry in the Non-Degree Access Studies Program at the University of British Columbia (UBC) for the winter of the 2015 term. I am applying as a mature Aboriginal Access Studies student, and have submitted my application with the necessary documentation. I would like to take this opportunity to continue a post - secondary education in order to further my studies and later add this to my credentials.

I initially developed a profound interest in Forestry while I was finishing high school, where I studied biology and earth sciences. I continued to forest sciences over the last few years while I was working as a seasonal Tree Planter. However, I never had the opportunity to pursue my interest academically until recently. I am hoping to further my education, because I believe that learning is a continuous process; I am confident that I will be an excellent fit for the FRST 100 Sustainable Forests course -- having researched the program extensively, I have determined that the coursework is a match based on my the necessary prerequisites I have acquired from my previous education and personal interest at UBC.

I have a number of family and friends who are currently enrolled at UBC, and I would be thankful if I was given the opportunity to continue my post-secondary education at your prominent institution. Should you have any further questions, I am more than willing to supply you with the necessary information.

Sincerely,

[Signature]
lightfox 3 / 27 24  
Overall, I like it, but I'm concerned because you stated that this was your final draft yet you still made some careless and noticeable errors. I want you to closely look over your essay before you label it as final draft. Also, you didn't fix the spelling of "Enrollment" from your previous drat. It has two "L"'s.

Contents wise, you're really good at expressing what points what need to be made and how to concisely explain them. My main issue with your essay was simply the grammar and syntax.
OP jamesfischbach 1 / 1  
Enrolment Services is spelled this way : students.ubc.ca/about/esp

but yes thank you, sorry about the caps

Home / Letters / Instruction of Forestry in the Non-Degree Access Studies Program - Letter of Academic Intent