Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Intelligent,Sociable&Goal-Seeking; Recommendation letter-Master program from a prof

Olesya 5 / 12 1  
Please help me with a reference letter. Is it enough information or it should include more?

To Whom It May Concern:

It is my pleasure to recommend*** for admission to Master Program at the *** University. I have known Miss *** for more than three years, since she was a student in my Foundations of Management and Foundations of Marketing classes.

*** is a truly outstanding student who has already accumulated a long list of achievements in both academic and extra-curricular activities. She has always been the best performer in her group who secured only excellent grades during her undergraduate studies. Further, she was rated among the top 1% of students from St. Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences.

I have perceived *** as a hardworking person who has a great enthusiasm in improving and furthering her knowledge. She can be learning all the time, managing the details, involved in all the communications. *** can conduct her own researches independently as well as work in a group. Even now I can already see that she is a perfect group leader who can keep her eyes on the big picture and delegate detailed tasks to the appropriate people. She can not only choose the right strategy and ways of goals achieving, but she also is responsible for a whole group she heads. She has an amazing capacity to interact well with her peers as well as with people in authority.

Miss *** has also really well-developed presentation and public speaking skills. Her oral presentations and reports at student's conferences were very clear and thoughtful, they were well-received by her classmates and professors. She is articulate and able to express herself very well in formal situations and in informal discussions.

In 2011 I was a tutor for the study abroad program held in cooperation by both St. Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences and Fachhochschule Ludwigshafen, Germany. Miss *** was the only student chosen to participate in this program. During her period in Germany she took part in a lot of international workshops, seminars and conferences what shows her as a cosmopolitan person. Upon her graduation from this course, I received high reviews from my foreign colleagues about her academic results.

Personally, I can attest to Miss ***'s maturity and commitment to studies. Basing on capacity I know her I can highlight how seriously and responsibly she approaches her studies. She does her work mindfully, always seeking out course work that challenges her and are difficult to the others, and she has a great aptitude for fulfilling her responsibilities in a great variety of activities. Her extra-curricular activity's list is really impressive. *** is a member a Student's Scientific Society, Management Club and Student Council. Besides, she is an Ambassador of our University and a tutor for first-year students. Her accomplishments will certainly make her a highly recruited person.

I believe, *** is a very intelligent, sociable and goal-seeking person who is ready to achieve success. I can with no doubt recommend her to be chosen for a Master program because I am totally sure she will perform successfully.

Sincerely,

***,
Prof. of the Chair of Management,
Saint Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences,
Email address:***
eam2 1 / 2  
I think you can rephrase "She has always been the best student in her group, getting only excellent grades during the whole period of University studies. Besides, she was rated as one of top 5 students of our University."

with something around the lines of, "Unmistakably, she has an unparalleled desire to learn and an admirable dedication towards her educational goals. These qualities have set her among the top 1% of students from [Name of your university], "

Too many details as top 5 students sounds too flashy, and the wording sounds like a student.
*** is a truly outstanding student who has already accumulated a long list of achievements in both academic achievements and extra-curricular activities.

She has always been the best student in her group, getting only excellent grades during the whole period of University studies. Besides, she was rated as one of top 5 students of our University.

She has always been the best performer in her group who secured only excellent grades during her under graduate studies. Further, she was rated among the top five students of that batch by the University.

When speaking about her personal achievements I can say that *** is a hardworking interested person, ready to improve her knowledge.

... you talk about rather personal qualities and not achievements. This is my suggestion;
I have perceived her as a hardworking person who has a great enthusiasm in improving and furthering her knowledge.
I have known Miss *** for more than three years, since she was a student in my Foundations of Management and Foundations of Marketing classes.

I have know Ms **** since yyyy in the capacity of her lecturer for Foundations of Management and Foundation of Marketing classes.

She has always been the best performer in her group who secured only excellent grades during her undergraduate studies.

.... Sorry...it's a mistake on my part in my previous suggestion .... a typo :(

Further, she was rated among the top 1% of students from St. Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences.

She was also rated among the top 1% students at St Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences.

She can be learning all the time, managing the details, involved in all the communications.

She is capable of handling several simultaneous tasks very efficiently and effectively.

Home / Letters / Intelligent,Sociable&Goal-Seeking; Recommendation letter-Master program from a prof