Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

My letter of intent to do a Master program in US - HR Management

Praise 1 / -  

my interest in Human Resources

Pursing a Master's Degree is a dream I would love to actualise. I consider it as a necessity for me to advance in my career, as well as, contribute immensely to the body of knowledge.

My first introduction to Human resource management came as a result of an encounter in my working place. The result of this encounter incited my interest in the field and this aided my understanding of the roles played by human resource managers, especially in solving human issues in every organization. I have come to understand that the growth of any organization is dependent on the collaborative effort of the employees and productivity of performance is solely determined by the human resource manager.

In view of this, I have decided to take up the masters program in Human resource management, because this field serves as the fuel that runs every enterprise. I am also interested in the role it plays in actualising the goal of every organization
Praise, this is an acceptable draft for your personal statement. It cannot be considered a complete personal statement because it is too short. It is not capable of informing the reader of the personal interests that led to your decision to study a masters in this field. From what I have read, you ended up summarizing the content into one paragraph when you should have had it cover at least 5 full, informative, and impactful paragraphs for presentation.

Try to represent the development of your interest in at least 300 words covering your introduction to the field, what particular section of the job interested you the most, why this section interested you, how you performed in it, why you wish to continue working in this section with a masters under your best. Work in a professional expectation for your studies based on your current exposure. This is the "intent" portion of your letter.

Finally, you need to express the personal academic reasons that you have for choosing the university. It should be more than just about what you read on the university website. It has to convince the reviewer that you have certain academic potential that will be honed and polished to professional perfection by the training and classes offered by the university. What do you intend to do during your time as a student at the university? How does that tie in with your professional intention? Wrap those information together and the letter of intent will better inform the reviewer about you and your intentions.

Home / Letters / My letter of intent to do a Master program in US - HR Management