Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

"International Business" - Letter to University asking for information

chatoyante 2 / 2  
This letter is really important to me, so I hope you to revise it and fix my mistakes. Thank you in advance.

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have recently known about the University of (...) which offers the course I am really interested in called International Business. Actually, it is the one of those I am dreaming about because it is based not only on theoretical but also on practical background. Besides, it offers the ability to spend the year at the partners university or company studying or working. I find it very useful.

The problem is that I have not applied to your university through the UCAS. I would be grateful if you could inform me about the possibilities to apply to this course directly.

As for requirements, I have already taken my A-level exams in subjects such as English, Lithuanian and Mathematics. The results will be clear within a month period. Furthermore, all the final marks I got are 9 and 10 and the average of them is 9.57. Moreover, I am able to speak Lithuanian, English, Russian and a little bit Spanish. I have also taken IELTS exam and got overall 6.0 (writing and reading 5.5, listening and speaking 6.0)

I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience. Thanking you for your time and assistance.

Yours fauthfully,
Name Surname
"Thanking you for your time and assistance"

It sounds strange. Maybe this is a common closing salutation, though? I would not use it. I would take the advice from Ly Thu Huong.

However, maybe I am wrong!

Anyway, I think it is better to write thank instead of thanking.

At the beginning salutation, capitalize every word:

Dear Sir Or Madam:

I have recently learned about...

This sentence is correct: I find it very useful.
However, I think you should add one more sentence to the end of that paragraph before you end the paragraph.

Use OF here:
and a little bit of Spanish.
:-)

Home / Letters / "International Business" - Letter to University asking for information