Home / Letters   % width Posts: 5

My Job App-- Some Descriptions for my current job and expectations

baobei841130 1 / -  
I'm applying for a new job in an international company, and I've got several problems in my resume because English is my second language. I hope someone can help me with it, especially some grammar and logical problems.!! thnx a lot!!!

PART OF MY RESUME GOES AS FOLLOWS:

Job Description:

Currently I am working as a sales coordinater and manager assistant in the sales department of xxx, one of the largest shipping companies in the world. I am in charge of the lines of Euro, Med., Southeast Asia, Africa and Australia. My job includes container and customer analysis, loading rate, and the contact and coordination with HQ, customers domestic and overseas, branches in other countries and other partner shipping companies( xxx, xxx, etc.) Meanwhile, I'm responsible for part of DG cargo affairs--sending manifests.

Self-assessment:

After three year's working experience as a sales assistant, I master the professional skills of export maritime transportation well. I am able to manage normal conditions and emergencies, satisfying the demands of different customers with a strong communicating ability. Moreover, a good command of English enables me to successfully cope with customers domestic and overseas.

Expectations:

I hope to set a sound basis for a better development in my career by using my professional knowledge combined with working practice. I would always like to rise to challenges, and I desire to join in a company of solid foundation to get a collaborative development for both of us. I believe that based on what I have learned, I will create great merit if you choose me!
My job includes container and customer analysis, loading rate, and the contact and coordination with HQ, customers domestic and overseas, branches in other countries and other partner shipping companies

Revise the above for parallel structure.

"I have mastered the professional skills of export maritime transportation well ." The "well" is redundant. You cannot master something badly. If you have mastered it, you have become very good at it by definition.

Your third paragraph consists of a series of vague generalities. What specifically do you hope to accomplish, and how exactly do you expect working for the company to which you are applying to help you accomplish them?
prinsowoo - / 2  
You may use" container and customer analysis, loading rate statistics, and the contact and coordination with..." for parallel structure.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
After three year's working experience as a sales assistant, I have mastered the professional skills of export maritime transportation well . I am able to manage normal conditions and emergencies, satisfying the demands of different customers with my strong communications abilities . Moreover, a good command of English enables me to successfully cope with bothcustomers domestic and overseas customers .
Liebe 1 / 542 2  
Currently I am working as a sales coordinater and manager assistant in the sales department of xxx, one of the largest shipping companies in the world

^I just want other people's opinion on this. If it is one of the 'largest shipping companies in the world', naturally the company should have a reputed name. If this is the case, is there really any need to say that it is 'one of the largest shipping companies' since the name, if it is that reputed, should be able to speak for itself?

Home / Letters / My Job App-- Some Descriptions for my current job and expectations