Home / Letters   % width Posts: 6

Knows the goal and how to achieve it; Letter of Recommendation from Chemistry teacher

AmyRemus 9 / 24  
In this letter of recommendation by the counselor, the student's name is ABC and the school's name is XYZ. Thank you very much for your feedback.

To whom it may concern,

As the main teacher of Chemistry specialized class in XYZ High School for the Gifted, I have had the pleasure of knowing ABC for the last three years. I strongly believe that she will provide good addition to your school's population.

What impresses me most about ABC was neither her excelling at academic achievement nor an overly/excessive enthusiasm on the lessons, but otherwise her continuous effort to fulfill the goals. During the three years guiding and observing ABC, I realized that this student had very strong will and great potential: her final grades increased every year to maintain in the top quarter of the class of 44, even in top 5 in the last semester.

Compared with many other students I have counseled so far, ABC is among the most accomplished students. Apart from scoring well in natural science subjects she also excel at social science ones, especially English and Literature. I was not at all surprised when she passed the entrance exam to two famous universities in my country at two majors with really high scores.

Not only ABC's academic excellence but also her characteristics won my favor. She always expressed deep concerns for others. I remember on preparing for the class's musical performance in the closing ceremony at the end of the 11th school year, a group of five students in the class were in charge of laboratory experiments for the magic show. Unfortunately, one student carelessly allowed Chlorate Kali to get into contact with red Phosphorus, which led to an explosion. The explosion was small but still powerful enough to injure him with temporarily scalded hands. After that sorrowful accident, ABC often came to visit him at his house. She also took his notebooks and, with some other classmates, helped writing down the lessons. The pitiful incidence turned out to tightening the friendship bond between them.

ABC's amiable personality helps her to easily win the affections of people around. She is perceived as friendly and influential among her classmates; therefore, though not a class officer, ABC usually played a leading role in every of the class's activities.

ABC is truly the type of person who knows the goal and how to achieve it. I have the confidence that she will continue to perform excellently during her college period. If you have any questions regarding this recommendation, please contact me anytime at your convenience.

Sincerely yours,
Teacher's name
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning :)

Mechanically, make sure you are capitalizing only the first words of sentences and proper nouns. As such, "Chemistry" shouldn't be capitalized.

"...in the top 5..."

"class's" should be class'.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP AmyRemus 9 / 24  
Thank you very much, Mod. :x I was really careless.

What's about the ideas, word choice and the length of the Rec? Do you think I should fix anything else? Thanks!
OP AmyRemus 9 / 24  
I see that this topic is waning, so I send one post, hoping that it can catch your attention somehow.

Please help me! Thanks a lot!
You can clarify to convey the idea that she did indeed excel and show enthusiasm:

What impresses me most about ABC was neither her excelling at academic achievement nor an overly/excessive enthusiasm on the lessons (although these are two of her important strengths), but rather her continuous effort to fulfill the goals.

This is a nice letter of recommendation,

Kevin
OP AmyRemus 9 / 24  
Thanks, Kevin! You really brighten my day. :D

Home / Letters / Knows the goal and how to achieve it; Letter of Recommendation from Chemistry teacher