Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

LoR proposed by my recommender for admission to Master of Public Policy

Rahula 1 / -  

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION - mpp

Respected Admissions Committee,
It is with great pleasure that I write this recommendation for Rahul Singh Bais for admission to Master of Public Policy(MPP), the flagship graduate program at Willy Brandt School of Public Policy, University of Erfurt and Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (DAAD). I have known Rahul for three years, ever since he came to New Delhi for his undergraduate studies, which gave me ample time to assess him academically and personally. He has done two academic projects under my guidance namely Financial Literacy of E-rickshaw drivers in Delhi and Mediating Identity: A case study of Dalit presence on Social Media. Furthermore, Rahul has also been associated with the South Asian Network of Rural and Agricultural Development(SANSAD) for the past one year as a Research Fellow.

Rahul has a strong academic record which is validated from the fact that he has attained first division in his undergraduate degree in Economics which is the highest attainable division in the University of Delhi. He is one of the best student scholars l have seen in my academic and professional career. Apart from outshining in the pre-designed university curriculum, Rahul has researched extensively on issues of public importance like corruption and education policies. He has published research papers in leading international journals which gathered constructive attention of International Academia. The line drawn from Rahul's research paper on corruption, which demonstrates his depth of evaluation and punitive study approach is "Corruption can be regulated if anti-corruption reforms are efficiently implemented at all levels including the judiciary, the political system, administration, elections and inculcating values, principles and a sense of accountability in the general public." Whether participation or organization, he is equally competitive in case of non-scholastic activities. Rahul possesses good leadership qualities which were observed by me during Local Farmers Training in Organic Farming at various places in rural India and academic projects. He went well beyond the requirements in the quantity and quality of the project, putting in a lot of extra research and attending extra office hours every week. Throughout the tenure, Rahul demonstrated great perseverance and initiative. Not only was he interested and motivated to develop solutions to issues, but he also put great efforts into developing his own ideas about each Public Policy topic that we discussed. I have mentored him closely and observed his diligence. His pragmatic analysis skills prove his competence. He set standards of proper planning and execution through his work and also demonstrated team spirit. He possesses the capability to handle difficult situations patiently. He has excellent command over English and a positive attitude, making him stand out. He is articulate and can express himself well in both formal research context and informal discussions. In these years of acquaintance, I have found his ideas creative and innovative especially when he presented a colloquium on "Development and Economic History of India since Independence" at India International Centre, New Delhi. On a personal level, Rahul is a disciplined and industrious student with a pleasant personality. He also bears a good moral character. Recently, Rahul has also been selected as Anubhav Scholar by Harris School of Public Policy at the University of Chicago for his contributions for grassroots development in rural India.

Rahul is a charismatic individual with a vision and immense potential. I strongly recommend Rahul for your esteemed University's flagship Public Policy Graduate Program. Rahul is a suitable candidate for a Public Policy program as he is academically proficient and has a ground experience of public policy issues. Rahul has been engaged both institutionally and voluntarily in operations linked to accountability, voice awareness, and transparency. A public policy program will further contribute to his personal capacity building and will help to cover the gap left for a definitive, democratic and more transparent India that needs more involvement of Young Leaders with enhanced skills and values of Democracy. I am fully confident of Rahul's tenacity to perform well at your University. Rahul will be a great positive addition to your university. Please don't hesitate to contact me, if you require further information.

Dr. Anil K Singh
Secretary
South Asian Network of Rural and Agricultural Development(SANSAD)
Date- 15th July 2019

Maria [Contributor] - / 934 337  
@Rahula
Hello there. I'll provide you with feedback on this writing.

Firstly, while it's great that you had utilized a sufficient amount of adjectives to describe the candidate, it's also good to strike a balance when it comes to this. Try to not exaggerate with the usage of descriptors. Rather, try to focus on giving concrete examples as to why the candidate is the best fit for the position. Doing this will help you have a more coordinated outlook.

Furthermore, try to also ensure that you have an organized method when it comes to laying out the characteristics. For instance, you can tackle things in a more sequential manner to ensure that you're not losing the readers in meaning.

Best of luck.

Home / Letters / LoR proposed by my recommender for admission to Master of Public Policy