Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

LOR/Recommendation letter for undergraduate - Business Administration

kayce 1 / -  
I'd be so happy and much obliged for your corrections or improving suggestions.

letter of recommendation

To whom it may concern,
My name is A, an English teacher in C with no less than 10 years of teaching experience. With great enthusiasm, it is my privilege to recommend X for the Global Korean Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees. I came to know X through my role as a form teacher of her class for 3 years, which provides me an opportunity to witness her breakthrough from an average student to one of the most potential ones. Nhung stands out as an intelligent and dedicated student with a strong sense of determination to achieve every goal she sets for herself.

First of all, X is a fast-learner with great memory and critical thinking. She can quickly acquire new knowledge and learn how to apply it. After grade 10, she has been more persistent to improve her academic results, she always pays the utmost attention in class and enthusiastically ask her teachers any unsolved problems. My first experience witnessing her progression was in the final exam of the first semester in grade 11 when her total score of Math, English and Literature - the three main subjects, was the highest in her class and second-highest in her grade. As a result, her effort has turned into an escalation in her GPA in both grade 11 and 12 as well as the IELTS 8.0.

It is my candid opinion that based on X's qualities of not only academic but also in extracurricular activities, she is the potential candidate for your scholarship. She is always one of the head organizers of the activities in her class and the faculty of English (director assistant of the video of the faculty uploaded on the official page of B, organizer of the faculty's proms, etc.). X is also an excellent member of various clubs and projects, not only in but also outside school, and always successfully proves her abilities in different positions such as communication, human resources, event, organization department. Accordingly, I would like to bring to your knowledge that she possesses great versatility, enthusiasm, leadership and creativity.

Finally, permit me to state here that X is a brilliant student with great potential in both academic, social and personal development. With such qualities, I believe X would be a bright scholar in the field of business administration and a promising contributor to her future institution and your community.
The letter does not contain the same academic tone that it should have, if a teacher had actually written it. A teacher would know the correct words to use and what type of punctuation marks to apply to the letter. These are small errors in writing that an ordinary student, writing the recommendation letter for himself, would make. The teacher should have been able to explain a few intricacies within the presentation to the reviewer, who is not at all familiar with the teaching methods, grading system, and teacher positions in your country.

Although the information presented is useful and is part of the candidacy qualifiers, the amateur writing of the letter is what will give it away as not being an authentic recommendation letter. These mistakes should be corrected either by the teacher prior to signing the letter or, by a professional editor who can make the letter appear as if a teacher had written it, prior to having the teacher sign the letter.

Home / Letters / LOR/Recommendation letter for undergraduate - Business Administration