Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Make an enquiry (formal letter) - looking for a garment manufacturer

anna212 1 / -  

sweaters for the men's leisure market needed

We are a chain of retailers based in Korea and are looking for a manufacturer who can supply a wide range of sweaters for the men's leisure market. We impressed by the new designs displayed on your stands at the Asia Fashion Exhibition last month.

As we usually place substantial orders, we would expect a quantity discount in addition to 20% trade discount off net prices list. Our terms of payment are normally 30-day bill of exchange, documents against acceptance.

If these conditions interest you, and you can meet orders of over 500 garments at one time, please send us an up-to-date catalogue and price list, quoting your most competitive prices.

I look forward to hearing from you.
jhhh11 14 / 30  
Hi! Here are some feedback, hope it helps:
- I think a greeting (Dear...) and a sign off (Regards, Your name) are missing.
- "We are ... in Korea and are looking for"
- "men's leisure market" --> better if you can paraphrase this
- "We are impressed..."
- "I We look forward"
The letter is one form of the Task 1 test. Therefore, it falls under the same word requirement of a minimum of 150 words, no more than 190 words in total. Based on that requirement, there may be a problem with your achieving a passing test using this letter. It will be deemed improperly formatted and lacking in content. Due to the lack of instructions from you regarding how this letter should be written, I cannot assess the points for improvement and other possible problem areas in your writing. I should be able to do that next time, provided you give me a copy of the writing instructions. As of now, I will not proceed with any other review of your work as it already failed the basic requirement under the word count.

Home / Letters / Make an enquiry (formal letter) - looking for a garment manufacturer