Home / Letters   % width NEW!

Marketing Analytics Master Letter of Motivation

application letter for marketing analytics program

Hi! This is a general letter of motivation for a graduate program in marketing analytics. I would love some fresh eyes on this letter, specifically on the logic, flow, etc. I appreciate any help you can provide.

For editing, content, and formatting needs please contact us at essayforum.com@gmail.com. Thank you! EF

Dear XX School Admission Team,

I am writing to express my sincere interest in your Master of Science Programme in Marketing Analytics and Insights. I am currently a senior student at xxx, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Statistics and Computer Science. With my previous experience in undergraduate study, I wish to expand my analytical skillsets in a marketing context and effectively communicate insights behind data, as an aspiring data-driven marketer. By reading your curriculum, I found your program to align with professional interests.

As my resume and transcript reflect, I have previous experience in both communications and analytics. With strong communication skills and interests in strategic planning, I always knew that my passion lied in marketing communication. As I pursued my undergraduate degree in Public Relations, I realized that the theoretical knowledge of communication alone was not enough for me to thrive as a modern marketer. A quantitative skill set is what will set me apart. Thus, I decided to add two minors in Statistics and Computer Science to my study, to become more trained in the analytical aspects. With courses like Media Strategies and Management, Business of Public Relations, Advertising Strategy and Consumer Insights, I learned to write pitches, create campaign ideas and make financial presentations. While in CS and maths classes, I acquired coding skills with Python, R, HTML, Java, etc. I even dabbled into the fields of Data Science and Machine Learning.

Outside of academia, I took on all available opportunities to explore marketing from various angles. From club activities and internships, I gained valuable experience with different aspects of marketing, from content marketing, email marketing, event planning to in-house brand management, digital marketing and market analytics. From these experiences, I realized my shortcoming - though I had training in communications and analytics, they were taught in different contexts. My goal is to use my data analytics skills in marketing scenarios to convey messages to audiences more precisely and make more informed business decisions. To better understand the strategic use of analytics in marketing communication, I naturally decided to apply for a graduate programme.

Your programme stood out to me because of its unique perspective on data analytic in a marketing context. With Modules like Big Data in Marketing and Research for Marketing Insights, I can equip myself with an analytical mindset when approaching marketing problems. After graduating from your programme, I plan to become a marketing analyst at a top-tier tech company. Your Experimental Learning component will be an excellent starting point for applying what I have learned to the real world. Ultimately, I hope to use my skillsets and perspectives to influence business decisions and leave a positive impact on this world.

I would enjoy speaking with you further to discuss my qualifications for the programme. Thanks in advance for reviewing my application.

Sincerely,
xxx

Home / Letters / Marketing Analytics Master Letter of Motivation