Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Medicine study - MOTIVATIONAL LETTER FOR THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP

Le Chat 1 / -  
Dear Sir/Madam,

MOTIVATIONAL LETTER

My name is Henry Akachukwu Agu from Nigeria, a developing country with a relatively poor health care system. I am writing to express my interest in the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme to study Medicine at a Hungarian University as it has always been my age-long ambition to become a medical doctor.

I have always had a passion to study medicine since I was a child. I loved checking my mum's pulse with my fingers and using her stethoscope to listen to her heartbeat. This attracted me to the medical field. When I was in secondary school, I realised I had passion for solving problems and exploring the human body. This made me become president of science club and after my graduation from secondary school, I started reading books on medicine. I learnt the Danger, Response, Send for help, Airway, Breathing, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and Defibrillation (DRSABCD) action plan which came in handy when my brother drowned in a swimming pool. I dived, brought him out, and administered a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) I learnt. Indeed, I felt like a hero for a moment there. My undying interest in the medical sciences was developed at a young age and I haven't stopped learning, researching medical related topics since then. My early passion for medicine, coupled with my love for helping people, and my determination makes me a good candidate for the scholarship. I would love to acquire my knowledge in the medical field from the brightest lecturers in Hungarian Universities.

However, due to financial challenges in my family, I am frightened that my dreams and ambitions might perish because I don't have enough money to pay tuition fees. My parents are civil servants with a low total income of 350$ per month. Since my graduation, I have been searching painstakingly for scholarships in Hungary and when I finally came across the Stipendium Hunagricum Scholarship, I was moved to tears. Finally! A glimpse of hope!

I believe that there is no better place to continue my academic career than in Hungary and I consider it a vibrant experience getting the opportunity to meet different people from all over the world and learn about their cultures and values. I would gain from studying medicine in Hungary, the knowledge that will enable me deliver free and top notch health care services to my people when I return. I am willing to work very hard in order to pursue my dreams and achieve my goals. This scholarship will enable me access the required knowledge and skills needed to achieve my goals of helping people in my country. I want to build an excellent career in the field of medicine that will benefit my country and I. I am sure this is what I want to do for the rest of my life and I cannot imagine my life in any other way. I know this will be hard, but I have learnt from my achievements that hard work pays off.

Studying medicine in Hungary is an opportunity I would love to dedicate myself to. It will equip me with the skills I need to kick so many diseases out of my country. I hope that during my stay in Hungary, I will be able to contribute to the community in the best way I can. The best preparation is needed to create a masterpiece and that is why I have chosen to acquire my knowledge from one of the best countries in Central Europe. I am well prepared with Duolingo for the language challenges I will face while studying in Hungary. Considering my academic performance so far and my desire to build my knowledge in medicine, I believe that I will be a valuable addition to the programme. I am so excited about the future and as I write this essay, I can only think of the great things that this scholarship will help me achieve. I hope to be given a chance, as I am confident of meeting and even exceeding your expectations.

I will appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about my application and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
Henry Akachukwu Agu.

2021/12/01
Let's focus on Nigeria for a moment. Have you looked around your environment when it comes to health considerations? Having a mother who is a doctor must have exposed you to the limitations of a Nigerian hospital or healthcare system. How did this influence you? How were you affected by a low ranking medical system? Would you say that you have a passion to fulfill your ambitions for the betterment of your country? If yes, then these are the first few paragraphs you should be presenting in your essay.

Next, consider your reason for choosing to study Hungary? Being the birthplace of the most basic medical breakthrough, handwashing, how would you say Hungary's medical importance ties in with your goals and intentions as a doctor. You may look up Ignaz Semmelweis, the doctor scientist who discovered the importance of handwashing, as the basis of your reference. His influence on the medical modern world in times of a pandemic cannot go unnoticed. Create a connection between yourself and Hungary.

Once you understand your personal connection to medicine and Hungary, you can consider the social requirements of being a scholar. Coming from a totally different background, how do you see yourself dealing with the adjustments you will need to make based on any potential culture shock?

These are but a few of the considerations that you should look into so that you can improve your motivation letter. Best of luck with your application.
Henrii_agu - / 1  
Thank you so much 🙏
I am very grateful

Home / Letters / Medicine study - MOTIVATIONAL LETTER FOR THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP