Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Memo to the plant employees about the company's Christmas party, Memo writing

ironhawk893 6 / 15  
Hi we were given a assignment on Memos which is due this week. The topic given to me is: You have been asked to draft a memo to the plant employees about the company's Christmas party. Consider such things as the date, location, costs, food, wheather guests are allowed, and procedure for making resevations. Include any other relevant details about your party. I am not sure if this is enough or too much, any extra info would be appreciated. Thanks

MEMO

To: All Hourly Employees

From: Social Committee

Date: November 1, 2011

Subject: Annual Lear Christmas Party

I am pleased to announce the annual Lear Christmas party will be held December 17, 2011 at 6:00pm in Oshawa at the C.A.W. union hall.

The dinner will be prepared by Judy's Catering and served at 6:30pm, followed by a dance at 8:00pm. There will be live music, games, and prizes throughout the night. Guests are welcome but on a first come first serve basis as these tickets are limited. Fees for the night are as follows: Employee's and their spouse $10.00 each, guests $30.00 each.

Please contact your social committee member to purchase tickets by December 2, 2011 as tickets will not be available after this date.
This is clear and to-the-point.

I can't find any errors except this small out:
Employee's and their spouse
Employees and their spouses

Do you have a text book that tells you how to include various things on a memo? Maybe you will get a better grade if you include 1 or 2 more pieces of information. :-)
OP ironhawk893 6 / 15  
Thanks i will see if i can add anything more.
EricJ - / 48  
It really depends on how much of a stickler your teacher is. Annual Lear Christmas Party should probably be capitalized because it's a specific party. You should probably insert a space between the time and pm. You should provide an address for the hall if one is given in the instructions.

Consider revising this sentence: The dinner will be prepared by Judy's Catering and served at 6:30pm, followed by a dance at 8:00pm.

It might be better as The dinner will be prepared by Judy's Catering and served at 6:30 pm. The dance will start at 8:00 pm. There really is not any need for followed by since 8:00 is after 630.

Tickets for employees and their spouses are $10 each and can be purchased from members of the social committee. If you are bringing guests, purchase guest tickets early because there are only a few available. Guests tickets are $30 each and also available from social committee members.

Any questions about the event should be directed to (contact person) at (phone number) or email address

One of the crucial things about this kind of memo is to give people a contact for additional questions. I would also bold the part about limited guest tickets because you want to draw attention to it.

Home / Letters / Memo to the plant employees about the company's Christmas party, Memo writing