Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Motivation letter for Erasmus Mundus Euroculture Program

munira 1 / -  
Please help me improve my draft. Thank you very much.

Master's degree in Euroculture program application

I am writing to express my desire to obtain a Master's degree in Euroculture program. My interest in this topic developed during my fifth semester, when I learned about European history. Being a leading continent in the globe, it fascinated me how Europeans lived their lives and dealt with this progress. Participating in various lectures and workshops sparked my curiosity even more.

I graduated in World Religions and Culture, University of Dhaka. During this four-year journey, I learned a great deal both academically and in everyday life. In this major, I acquired much useful professional knowledge by taking the required courses named Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and other minor religions as well It helped me to breakdown my prejudice, enhanced analytical thought and the ability to appreciate diversity. It also deepened my awareness of how religion increases the way of understanding global complexity as international and national politics are affected by religious ideas and sentiments. This course increased my cultural awareness as well. I took elective courses in philosophy, politics, sociology, anthropology, mass media and culture, environment, peace and conflict in addition to the necessary courses. In the future, I want to work for UNESCO, where I would want to play the role of policy maker or an administrative worker. Therefore, the Euroculture program is the best fit to help me with my future goals as I would get the chance to learn the core concepts of European society, politics and culture.

I was elected as a Class Representative during my undergraduate studies. There, I had to fulfill a variety of responsibilities, including maintaining the class schedule, organizing cultural and sporting events, and occasionally taking class attendance. This allowed me to improve my communication with my instructors and get rid of procrastination as I had to conduct things on time. in second year I received Dhaka University Alumni Scholarship based on my merit, which was worth around 1000 Euros. Later, with that money, I founded my own organization, named Human Aid Organization, which aims to help underprivileged students with their studies and stationary items. I still recall our first event in 2019, when we traveled to one of the remotest area of Bangladesh to provide students study materials; they thanked us humbly, and the smile on their faces was something unforgettable.

Looking over the Euroculture program structure, I discovered that the courses provided are the most appropriate for my career plans. I have always been a curious learner. I enjoy learning new things, which motivates me to think more critically. Learning about cultural identities and social values, as well as how they might impact Europe's future from an economic and political standpoint, is definitely something that will inspire me. Again, I enjoy attending seminars, and in my seventh semester, I took a course called Research Methodology. I'm hoping that this will assist me in both thesis and project application writing. I've also done teamwork and group tutorials with people of many religions and backgrounds during my undergraduate studies. I'm hoping that this experience will aid me in coordinating and cooperating in a multicultural environment.

I have always been eager to know about different cultures from different places, especially folk and tribal cultures. Traveling is something I enjoy doing. During my Bachelor's degree, I visited various historical sites and spoke with the indigenous peoples. Moreover, I can speak Bengali, Hindi, English and Arabic. In the Arabic language, I hold both junior and senior certificate. I was a member of The Arabic Language and Cultural Club, where I served as Cultural Editor. Every year, this club releases a magazine. I was a regular writer of this magazine and a proofreader for other authors. Being 2nd position two times in a row I received prize for writing and right now I still write for this magazine and play role as an alumni of this instauration. Given my interest in many cultures and my desire to learn more about them, the Euroculture program will be a fantastic opportunity for me.

Apart from working on my own growth, I like to help others to grow as well. Besides establishing my own organization, I volunteer for a group named Physically-challenged Development Foundation (PDF). They assist people who are disabled. My job was to assist blind persons with their exams by writing down their answers. This reminded me of how fortunate I am to be able to appreciate the beauty of the planet. Besides, when I was in school, I used to participate actively in debate, drama, and drawing competitions. I also enjoy reading a lot. I spend my free time in library reading books about philosophy, history, culture, and traveling. All of these interests and activities of mine make me a very open-minded and enthusiastic person, which is a key to being a good student for this program.

I've overcome numerous challenges in my life. But, no matter what happens, my family has always encouraged me to never give up. I've learned the same thing through my volunteering works and books. Keeping this spirit alive in me, I want to assure you that if given the chance, I will do my best in the Euroculture program and I would serve the society with my earnest dedication. Thank you.
My interest in this topic developed during my fifth semester,

You are applying for admission to one of the most prestigious masters scholarship programs in the world. The competitors you will be up against are highly experienced and knowledgable in the field of European Culture. You need to show an interest that grew out of your professional experience, not just sume undergraduate academic exposure. The motivation needs to have a solid professional foundation in relation to your pursuit of academic excellence.

You have taken a personal statement approach to this essay that focuses too much on your undergraduate exposure rather than your pertinent professional exposure as a junior diplomat, which is the usual job description of people seeking admissions into this course. While you do have proper international exposure, there is no reference as to how these experiences tie in with your profession. Consider first and foremost if your current profession ties in with this program and its requirements. If it does not, if you are seeking a change in employment, then this is not the scholarship for you.

The question of why you wish to study in Hungary is not properly developed and represented in this essay. You have to clearly and strongly explain how the time you will be studying in Hungary will help your career moving forward, along with the courses you will be studying.

Truth be told, your essay only answers selective sections of the prompts while focusing more on the information you wish to convey, which may or may not be important to the reviewer. Use the prompt guides that are part of the application packet. Make sure you answer each question in outline form before you go into a paragraph/essay format. That way you can be sure that you did not overlook or deviate from the actual and required discussion points.

Home / Letters / Motivation letter for Erasmus Mundus Euroculture Program