Unanswered [0] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES
 DrAfT!
Home / Letters   6

A motivation letter for European Commisson Traineeship programme.

Hi, everyone. There is a great traineeship program and because I am a new graduate, I am not really a professional about motivation letters. I would really appreciate any kind of help.

Motivation - Administrative Traineeship
Tell us why you are applying for a traineeship at the European Commission, what your expectations are and why you think that you are a good candidate. *

When I first came to Kosovo, spending my life here seemed insurmountable, but I didn't know back then that this experience, would add me so much, and shape up my future.

I witnessed a country that just got out of a war and had no idea for the precarious future. During my dwelling, I completed my necessary education in an international school which have provided me with proficient English knowledge and experience of a multi-national environment.

Meeting people from different organizations like NATO, UN, and EU, ignited an interest in these organizations and made me decide to study International Relations. During my college study, my penchant evolved and my future goal was finally set. I am in love with the Balkans, and I want to continue my studies at a higher level. I believe a traineeship at EC will give an insight into the future of the region and the ensuing opportunities both career and education wise will be colossal. I believe my academic and personal background with the addition of my future goals make me a valid candidate.

(Note: The motivation letter must be 1000 characters at maximum. The current one I wrote is 1020. So, any help for reducing the character help would be great.)

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the club, Adem! I am happy to see more members joining the EssayForum. Our mission is to give accurate and constructive feedbacks to all members of this forum. I hope that you can actively participate in this forum by helping the other members enhance their writing.

With regards to your problem about the limitation of the characters, you may consider the following input:
"I believe a traineeship at EC will give an insight into the future.." (Just say it directly if you sure about it, I got this from reading one of the EF contributors, thanks for the tips EF Kevin :D. Also, this will help you to reach the maximum characters limit).

That's all from me. Good luck with your application!
Hi Adem, indeed, WELCOME to the EF family, we hope that you will be able to write more and participate in this great and helpful website.

As soon as I learned that you are rooting for the EU Commission Training program, I feel thrilled, I definitely felt like submitting one, but I know its rather late.

Further to your essay, I believe this is a very rewarding program to be part of, it is one of those programs that will definitely showcase the reality of the working world and how this part of the government actually works. Having said that, below are my thoughts;

- spending my life here seemed insurmountable,
- would add me so much,have this much impact and shape up my future.
- no idea forof the precarious future.
- During my dwellingthis period ,
- I completed my necessary education
- which havethat provided me
- I amfell in love with the Balkans,
- studies atto attain a higher level.
- with the addition of my future goalscoupled with my aspirations make me a validstrong candidate.

There you have it Adem, I hope the above corrections are helpful as well as the insights are valuable. For future writing reference, try to strengthen your essay by imposing that much needed conviction in your sentences. This will definitely build up your essay.
When I first came to Kosovo, spending my life here seemed insurmountable; but I didn't know back then, that this experience would add me so much and shape up my future.

I am no expert on the using of commas (not even in my native language, hehehe) , but i believe this is the right way.

I witnessed a country that had just gotten out of a war and had , where there was not ideas for the precarious future.
I think that it his incorrect to use "had", since persons have ideas but countries don't.

... education in an international school, which have provided me ...

I believe a traineeship at EC will give me an insight into the future of the region and,also the ensuing opportunities both career and education wise will be colossal. I believe my academic and personal background, with the addition of my future goals, make me a valid candidate.

Overall you write pretty good. Keep it going.
Hi Adem, thank you for appreciating our work here on EF and we are definitely delighted that we are able to help out in your projects.

By the way, for your words of appreciation below;

- I am mostly welcome, thank you - I would like to thank all of your for the review / feedback.

* See, I made sure that each and every time that you practice and use the English language , it should be the correct one, each time that you are corrected, it brings you a step closer to mastering the language. Practice is the best learning tool everyone can use in mastering the language and in pretty much everything you do.

Further to your essay, when you do the revision, make sure that you mind the minor details that needs to be included in your essay such as linking verbs, the punctuation marks and more importantly, the sentence construction, as this minor details will definitely affect the overall outcome pf the essay. I hope to review the revised essay soon.

Home / Letters / A motivation letter for European Commisson Traineeship programme.