Home / Letters   % width Posts: 5

Motivation Letter - expressing interest in studying at the Summer School of Physics

adouloumis 1 / 1  
Motivation Letter for European Summer School

Dear Sir or Madam,

With this letter I would like to express my interest in studying at the _ Summer School in Physics. I currently am at the third year of my studies at the University of _, Department of Physics and I do hold a deep interest in the most fundamental aspects of Physics in such a degree that I would like to devote my life understanding them.

Therefore, I would be fascinated to take an inside look at a modern and top notch graduate program and University such as the _ Graduate School of Physics and Astronomy, since it is such a place that I hope I will be able to join as a graduate student. It is certain that the experiences gained, both by the hands-on experience in topics of my interest and by the guidance of leading experts on them, from this summer school will prove to be invaluable to me and my future endeavors.

In addition, I believe that the structure of the summer school will help me with my most profound and fundamental question regarding my future. I believe it will help me resolve my inner dilemma on whether I should study Quantum Information and the underlying phenomena that govern the axioms of the Quantum Mechanics or whether I should focus on the Standard Model and the theories beyond. I have been torn between these two, not fundamentally separate but diverging paths for quite some time and I believe that seeing the topics in direct contrast in the workshops of your school will provide me with the information necessary to finally make a decision.

During my studies at my University I have been introduced and trained on a variety of subjects including Electromagnetism, Special Relativity, Complex Analysis in addition to two undergraduate courses in Quantum Mechanics and a graduate on Advanced Quantum Mechanics. I also have self studied the basics of Quantum Computers and Particle Physics. Finally I can handle myself with the Mathematica software and have some experience with other programming languages, such as Fortran. Thus I firmly believe that I will be able to cope with the requirements of the summer school.

I appreciate you taking the time to review my application and do not hesitate to contact me for any further information needed.
Yours sincerely,
Hello adouloumis

I also got a degree from physics, and I realize how difficult for me writing in English, because we got a lot of numbers and symbol instead of a lot of words. But so far I read your letter, you are a good writer and confident in personality..

I currently am at = I am currently at
I hope I will be able to join as a graduate student..
from this summer school are so invaluable to for me and for my future endeavors.

on whether I should to choose study Quantum Information and the underlying phenomena that govern the axioms of the Quantum Mechanics or whether I should focus on the Standard .....

i believe that by seeing..
in direct contrast in to the workshops

mewith some theuseful information for menecessary to finally making a decision.

During my studies at my University , ( You already told that..)
adhesti 3 / 10  
During my studies at my University I have

I also have self-studied

Finally I can

both by the hands-on experience inon topics
OP adouloumis 1 / 1  
Sincere thanks to the both of you, your help was truly invaluable. I would love to help you in response but I do not trust my ability to correct someone else's writing. Apologies.
rods2292 3 / 5 2  
You don't need to start saying that: With this letter I would like to express my interest in studying at the _ Summer School in Physics. As it's a motivation letter to study at the Summer School of Physics, the judges who will read it already know that you have the interest of studying there, right? You should consider re-writing this sentence or even suppress it from your letter.

Also, I don't believe you need to start "university" with a capital letter in this sentence: During my studies at my University I have

It should be: During my studies at my university have OR During my studies at my The Name of Your University I have

Finally, I can handle myself with (you forgot a comma)

Thus, I firmly believe that I will be able to cope with the requirements of the summer school (you forgot a comma)

Home / Letters / Motivation Letter - expressing interest in studying at the Summer School of Physics