Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

MOTIVATION LETTER FOR GRADUATE STUDY IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS; previous managerial work

onaive 1 / -  
I would like to further my studies in international business. Started with the application but i'm stuck at the motivation letter part.Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
Forgive the length :)

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to express my interest in applying for the xxx program at xxxxx starting in autumn 2013. I am a graduate of engineering from Covenant University, Nigeria and i would like to pursue my education on a graduate level. I am thankful for the opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application and i believe that my strong interest in global affairs and management, work experience, personal skills and competences will be a good fit for the program.

I have always been autodidactic by nature. This, in combination with the fact that my ideal has always been the concept of the Renaissance man or Polymath, has led me to strive to acquire knowledge in various fields. On many occasions, i have studied subjects far beyond the scope of my my academic studies. Naturally, this has developed within me a strong desire to understand the underlying mechanisms of global affairs,international trade, economics and politics.

I have been fortunate enough to serve in a managerial capacity at a non-governmental organization in my country. It enabled me carry out a lot of responsibilities such as meeting with various kinds of clients, leading my team of staff to meet various goals and deadlines and adaptation of organizational policy to adjust to circumstances and standards. Through this organization, i was also connect people requiring medical treatment with a network of hospitals in India. This gave me a brief taste of a part of international business and has left me hungry for more. It has also given me a sense of where i can fit in, what i can do and how effective i could be in the international business world. On a personal level, i was also able to come to the realization that my style of leadership is leadership by example.

My undergraduate program was in Mechanical Engineering and although the course was typically science and engineering intensive, some of my strongest performances came in engineering management, research methodology, internship and my final year dissertation and presentation. During and after my undergraduate studies, i developed an even deeper interest in certain areas of business and management namely; logistics, business analytics, supply chain processes and organizational behaviour. I have therefore sought ways of expanding my knowledge by participating in various activities which have given me varying degrees of exposure. The prolific research i performed in my final year project involved a complete analysis of a certain production process in a leading manufacturing company, revealing disadvantages in the process, relating my findings to the company bottom line and then developing concrete solutions to eradicate the problems. During this project i was also served as the leader of the group carrying out the project. A major highlight of this period was when i had to make a snap decision to switch the software we had been using for over six months with a few weeks to the deadline day because i felt we had stalled in our progress and this may have led to us getting less marks than we deserved. In the end we got the highest possible marks for our project. Overall,this improved my knowledge of quantitative methods, managing and implementing data collection,finding patterns in statistics and relating them to realtime, analyzing the results and communicating the findings and their implications as well as providing a boost to my management

abilities.
Subsequent to earning a masters degree, i would like to work in a multinational company( preferably in the cosulting or import/export sectors) as a trainee and learn from the experiences of professionals and simultaneously exploring, analysing and interacting with carious aspects of real life business. Xxxx is reputed for its quality of education and this will undoubtedly have an impact on my career path, short and long term goals. The program will provide me with a theoretical understanding and an indepth knowledge of practical approaches to enble me develop well-rounded managerial skills. I also believe that the multicultural experience i will gain will play a decisive role in shaping me as a professional who is accustomed to the thought processes, traditions and prejudices of people from other cultures. It will also give me the opportunity of sharing my own worldviews and demonstrating to others hoe operations are carried out in my own country.

Taking into consideration my previous managerial work, love of learning and passion for facing challenges, i believe i will succeed in this program.I understang the rigours and demands of the program i m applying to but i am also sure that i possess a sufficient educational background,skills and more importantly,determination to cope with the requirements for successfyl study at xxxx business school. I will be honored to be accepted to xxxx program for autumn 2013,

Thank you for your cosideration. I look forward to your positive response.

Sincerely
While formally called a letter, the format for this paper is actually that of a normal essay. Change your format to reflect an academic essay writing style instead. Since the letter is all about your motivation, you need not offer a biography of your past academic activities unless some of those accomplishments directly relate to your desire for higher academic studies in the masters field. Remember that the essay is all about your motivation for higher studies. The motivation could be anything from a desire to advance your knowledge for the benefit of job advancement or, more importantly, a desire to create a change in the field of work that you are currently engaged in. Portray an idea for a project, change in work procedure, or the like that you have which you know will help create an improved system in the workplace. Use that as your primary motivation for pursuing higher studies. Your current essay is tepid and really plays safe with the the information presented. There is no clear passion for your field of work leaping off the page. Perhaps the addition of a direction for your career in terms of career goals as a motivation will help you achieve that personal connection with the page.

Home / Letters / MOTIVATION LETTER FOR GRADUATE STUDY IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS; previous managerial work