Home / Letters   % width NEW!

Motivation Letter for joining MSc in Banking and Finance

01mbhatia 1 / -  
Hi there. I just wanted to see if I can get a few pointers on my motivation letter for an MSc in Banking and Finance. I am a currently BSc student (in UK) trying to apply for an MSc program in Banking and Finance in Switzerland (English Taught). Any advise would be of great help. Perhaps I need to add more of something or reduce on some of the things I talk about?

Example Motivation Letter for joining MSc Program in Banking and Finance

I am writing to express my interest in applying for the Master's Degree Programme in Banking and Finance at the University of XXX. My goal in the near future is to attain a management position in an International Bank or an International Organisation. Therefore I would like to gain in-depth theoretical knowledge in tools and skills for understanding financial markets and products from a Banker's perspective. Having reviewed information of this program and the structure of the course, I am confident that the Master's program at the University of XXX will make me qualified in meeting my future aspirations of becoming an exceptional banking manager and this will be highly valuable to my experience.

At the age of 12 I learnt that the 'Bhatia' family have been a Business Family for over 200 years in India. Since then I have been interested about the role of businesses and corporations in both Domestic and the International community. My fascination grew in Banking and Finance due to studying Finance as one of my modules at College while I was doing a BTEC National Certificate in Business and Finance.

I further improved my knowledge of the effects of Economic factors and Financial Markets have on the International Economy whilst studying BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance at the University of YYY. I have demonstrated good academic progression acquiring a 2:1 in my first year and second year. I am keen on obtaining a 2:1 at the end of my degree. My course has helped me gain the necessary skills to do commendable research. I have developed skills for study by understanding the task at hand, enhancing my academic writing skills, note taking and effective reading, online learning and I have further improved on my numerical skills. I have a deeper approach to thinking about concepts and ideas which I have developed from the course design and excellent knowledge I have gained from various modules at the University of YYY.

I have also developed a strong work ethic, which is evidence to the fact that I have maintained a part-time job at Company A as a Customer Service Advisor during my studies at university. I have a proven ability to build rapport with individuals from all cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds; this is supported by my Gap year experience in Australia in 2009.

I am an active member of the InvestSoc Society where I have learned about the mechanisms of investments in Foreign exchange markets, Derivatives markets and Stock markets. I am also a regular at the Debating Society, which has helped me to form opinions and express fair arguments on the topic at hand. I also have a keen interest in Philosophy and day-to-day Economic and Financial International developments.

I am confident that I will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to your program. Because of my academic skills, social skills and the experience gained from my work experience I am sure I can exceed your expectations. I believe I can enrich this program by enabling professors and fellow students to benefit from my desire to learn. Furthermore, my international background and experience will add to more diversity to the program.

The enclosed resume summarises my experience. I would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss my application in greater depth. Please do not hesitate to call me at +44 (0) 1234567890, or email me at AAA.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours Sincerely

Home / Letters / Motivation Letter for joining MSc in Banking and Finance