Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Motivation letter_MSc in International Business and Finance

panda_a1sp 1 / 1  
Hi everyone. I've just graduated from Banking Academy in Vietnam, and I'm applying to an European university. This is my motivation letter and i hope that you can help me to improve this.

John Maynard Keynes said "In the long run we are all dead". He wrote this to argued that economy could slip into a long term underemployment equilibrium if we were only willing to wait for the automatic market self-correction. This quotation has motivated me through my life. As the world has changed dramatically, if I satisfy with my past achievements without intention to improve myself, success will never come to me. Therefore, after graduating Banking Academy with very good classification degree, I am ready to pursue a master course as the higher level of education.

My goal is to acquire a financial analysis job in an International Bank or Multinational Company. Therefore, it is fundamental for me to attain in-depth knowledge of the financial markets and numerous issues from a Banker's perspective. In order to do this, the next step in taking a Master's degree in International Business and Finance is extremely important to me now. I believe that all the theories specialized in financial field will make me qualified in meeting my future desirable job as an exceptional analyst.

Having reviewed the course structure, I can see that the Master Course of International Business and Finance at XXX University will be a highly valuable experience to me. The program offers a combination of quantitative techniques and practical knowledge, in which I can understand deeply the complex structure of financial markets, corporate finance, as well as how to manage different instruments used by financial institutions. Furthermore, this is truly an exceptional program with the strong emphasis on the business ethics. As far as I concern, ethical behavior plays an very important role to bring significant benefits to a business. I believe that what students can learn from the course will make them become outstanding people with in-depth knowledge and positive personality, which any international organization is looking for.

At high school, I was one of the very few students in Vietnam who could pass and study in High School for Gifted students in Hanoi University of Education. As my class was specialized in Mathematics, my quantitative and logical thinking skills were improved. When it came to undergraduate study, these skills were strongly enhanced as I studied in Banking Academy with Banking and Finance major. Therefore, with the GPA of 3.52 out of 4, I was one of the top 100 students in the academy who get the highest academic records. In the final year, those students will participate in a competition designed to decide who will be selected to work with our lecturers to organize the Future Banker Contest. As this is the oldest and most well-known contest in our academy, the selection was very fierce. Finally, I was in the fortunate position to win the selection and take responsibility of the content management. That was when I had to put all my necessary skills, academic theories and practical knowledge together to design the most appropriate content for the Contest. I believe that all the things I had learned and experienced in those years would be the great assets for me in my future study and career.

Whilst studying and enhancing knowledge was one of the most fundamental priorities in university with me, I believed that extra-curricular activities also played an important role. My experience of working as Events Manager, and then Vice president of the club had allowed me to recognize the importance of networking in the business world. I and my team had organized a wide range of conferences and workshops monthly, which students can get a deeper understand about the economics issues with the help of lecturers and experts from financial field. As my enormous contribution and dedication toward the society, I was awarded Certificate of Merit from Youth Union for excellent contribution to the social activities.

At last, I want to say that pursuing a masters degree in finance is my continuation to climb up in life. As I am equally determined to pursue success in this higher level of education and in my career, I am ready to put in as much effort as I can to work towards my academic and career goals.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully.
OP panda_a1sp 1 / 1  
Another question: If the school requires me to answer some question like: "If I can change the world, what will I change", how can I add this question to this motivation letter (there are 3 extra-questions, and I have to add them to make the letter lasts 3-4 pages)? If I just add right after answering question "Why you should choose me", i feel that it is not relevant to the letter =((
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

The first question that any reputable program will ask is..Why does he need a master's degree at this time without gaining some work experience. Have you completed an internship? Do you have any work experience? If not, you need to fully explain why they should provide you with further education in business. Talk about the differences between the two programs in terms of approach (other than ethics), opportunities and resources. As you may be well aware of, top banks are hesitant to hire a student that has no work or internship experience. If you goal is truly to go work for a multinational bank, please make sure you get this experience ASAP. - Admissions Advice Online
MarianaCunha 1 / 2  
I think that the structure is pretty good, and you also used a good rage of vocabulary.
Furthermore, I would add some relevant academic experiences that you had for the master program, such as workshops, professional interships...
Also, say why is important for you to study abroad, why did you chose a specific country, and how this will help you to achieve your goals.

Home / Letters / Motivation letter_MSc in International Business and Finance