Unanswered [0] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES
 DrAfT!
Home / Letters   5

Letter of motivation for a master's degree in petroleum engineering

here is my letter of motivation for a master's degree in petroleum engineering. Please review. I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

thank you for your help

Dear Sir, Madam

Extremely interested of oil industry and seduced by your prestigious institute, I am writing to you to pursue a master's degree in petroleum engineering. I am a last year engineer student of the National School of Engineers of Sfax (ENIS) and I would like to become a qualified petroleum engineer.

During my university education, I started paying more attention to the energy needs of our planet and realized the increasing reliance of humanity on oil and its products. And I think that the demand for safe, affordable, clean energy is increasing constantly. All these reasons solidify my desire to become a successful petroleum engineer to make a difference in the world.

The missions I am particularly passionate in are examining the production potential of deposits as well as technical means to implement to maximize recovery rates.

As a future graduate of Electrical Engineering, I have acquired a science-engineering program emphasizing math, chemistry, and physics which provides the necessary background for petroleum engineering. Practically bilingual, I also have a very good level in English and a working knowledge of German.

While waiting to meet you to explain more my motives, please accept, Madam, Sir, the assurances of my highest consideration.
Sincerely,

While waiting to meet you to explain more my motives, please accept, madam, sir, the assurances of my highest consideration.

I would take that out...but overall its a good letter. :)
EF_KevinThreads: 8
Posts: 13,840
[Contributor] 129  
Extremely interested of in the oil industry and seduced by especially in the opportunities available through yo ur prestigious institute, I am...

During my university education, I started paying more attention to the energy needs of our planet and realized the increasing reliance of humanity on oil and its products. ------ this is a great sentence!

I think that t The demand for safe, affordable, clean energy is increasing constantly. All these reasons This truth solidifies my desire to become a successful petroleum engineer to make a difference in the world.

The missions about which I am particularly passionate include are examining the production ...

While waiting to meet you to explain more about my motives, please accept, Madam, Sir, the assurances of my highest consideration. ------- awesome! Well done. I like the way you included "Madam, Sir"

You'll do very well!!
thanks a lot for the modifications.This is very helpfull. But I feel that ther is something missing may be I should add more details about my skills (to convince them of choosing me and not someone else ) and about the master programme that I want to attend which is Reservoir Geoscience and Engineering.

what do you think
I appreciate your suggestions.

Home / Letters / Letter of motivation for a master's degree in petroleum engineering