Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Motivation Letter for a PhD in Computational Chemistry; Molecular modeling study

Caro 1 / 1  
Hello Everybody!! I would like to have your help with my Motivation Letter for my PhD application because my English is not so good. Thanks!

Dear
Prof. XXXX

I am writing this letter to express my interest to apply for the PhD position available in the group XXXX under the project "Molecular modeling study of the activation of transmembrane receptors involved in chemical senses" at the University of XXXX.

In 2009, I graduated from the University of XXX in XXX with a five years degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Through my years of studying, I became fascinated with the research field in Computational Chemistry and how to apply these techniques to the design of new molecules with biological activity. For this reason during my last 3 years of bachelor degree I joined a research group and participated in different research projects under this research line. Between the projects I worked in this group, the most significant for me was my bachelor thesis titled "Theoretical Study of morphine derivatives using molecular modeling" with which I got an excellent mark of 4,8/5,0 and therefore a Meritorious qualification.

The Molecular modeling study of the activation of transmembrane receptors involved in chemical senses caught my attention immediately because it gives me the chance to apply computational techniques to biological systems that is what I like and enjoy the most. Besides, studying physiological phenomena related with the intersensoriality between taste and smell is a really fascinating topic that can have excellent applications in the field of new molecules design.

I would like to be selected for this PhD position because I think this project gives me the opportunity to develop and improve in a research field that is part of my professional goals. I think this PhD position offers to me the possibility of receiving a complete training in computational chemistry applied to biological systems as well as the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary environment, of a highly qualified academic level.

I am aware of the dedication and perseverance that is needed to achieve the best results in this field and I believe that my experience will allow me to get it. I think that it is a great opportunity for me to demonstrate my abilities and acquire new skills, so I hope to be selected for this PhD position.

I remain at your disposal for any further information, thanking you in advance for your attention.

Sincerely,
OP Caro 1 / 1  
If I do this change Do you think is ok?

Through my years of studying, I became fascinated by the research field in Computational Chemistry and by the way how these techniques are applied to the design of new molecules with possible biological activity.
I am writing this letter to express my interest toin applying for the PhD position available in the group XXXX under the project "Molecular modeling study of the activation of transmembrane receptors involved in chemical senses" at the University of XXXX.

I would like to bewould be glad if I stand a chance to be selected for this PhD position because I think this project givesit would provide me the opportunity to develop and improve in a research fieldmy research capabilities that is a part of my professional goals

Home / Letters / Motivation Letter for a PhD in Computational Chemistry; Molecular modeling study