Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Motivation Letter for Scholarship admission in Sweden - The environmental master's programs

ansurya 1 / -  

benefiting from study in sweden

Describe how you can apply the knowledge and experience you will gain from your time in Sweden in your home country/region.

After finishing my master's degree, I intend to return to my country and become a plastic waste researcher at the x institute. The environmental master's programs that I apply to will provide practical training about science-based applications to control plastic waste. The chemistry for renewable energy master's program will give me the ability to convert plastic waste into energy. These skills will be my research tools to help tackle plastic waste in coastal areas.

I will help actualize Indonesia's plan of action for 2017 until 2025 on marine plastic debris through combined studies with world-renowned universities like Gothenburg and Uppsala to create a less polluted Indonesia. I will also rely on the robust Swedish Institute Alumni network and form collaborations with other scholars to overcome each country's environmental issues. I believe my findings later can be used in several country's, including Sweden, to build solutions in the coastal ecosystems.
become a plastic waste researcher at the x institute.

Why at this institute? How does the knowledge you will gain translate into a benefit for the institute? Will there be any form of knowledge sharing or transference during this time? How will the others at the institute benefit from your inclusion into the team? There is too much "me" and "I" in this section to show that there will be a long ranging effect of your studies upon your joining the institute. As a researcher, you should be open to knowledge sharing and actually promote it since not everyone you will be working with will be as lucky as you when it comes to international based education in the relevant field.

combined studies

This is irrelevant to the current program you are applying to and the program applications. Start with the sentences that lead into the exchange within the alumni network instead. Skip the last sentence. Revise that total paragraph.

Home / Letters / Motivation Letter for Scholarship admission in Sweden - The environmental master's programs