Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Motivation Letter for Service Engineering Program by LOTUS 2 scholarship

nabila89 1 / 1  
Hello, my name is Nabila and I'm looking for help to review my motivation letter here. I'm planning to apply for lotus 2 scholarship for the service engineering program. Any advice and critic will be appreciate because this is my first time write a motivation letter.

-----

LETTER OF MOTIVATION

One article in the Daily Tribune of Manado on August 11, 2011 stated that Indonesia is a country with the largest number of SMEs (Small Medium Enterprise) in ASEAN. SMEs not only one of the economic pillars in Indonesia but also creating many job areas thus reducing unemployment number in Indonesia. Although the number of SMEs in Indonesia is increasing, but not many SMEs in Indonesia are applying IT (Information Technology).

I have been helping my senior in an SME named XXX, a XXX award winner; and also I have been involved in my XXX lecturer's research in developing a portal to help SMEs publicize their products. I realized that global competition is getting tougher. It makes SMEs grow and must keep the quality of products and services so that imported goods won't defeat them. Since there, I have desired to implement the knowledge I have to help the development of SMEs. Therefore, I want to take a part in helping it by implementing IT to manage its business process.

I consulted my idea in implementing IT for SMEs to my undergraduate lecturer at XXX. We came up with the hypothesis: service engineering technology can be an IT solution for regional SMEs. I was an assistant for some software engineering courses and I have learnt a few things about service engineering. Like what Steve Jobs said, "Stay hungry, stay foolish."-- I want to learn more, broaden my knowledge, and deepen my understanding in the subject. As a result, it drives me to look for university that has master program focusing on service engineering. Unfortunately, Indonesian universities haven't had a master program specifically in service engineering yet. And then, I found out that XXX University has it, the Master in Services Engineering and Management (MESG) program.

I have a profound interest in the MESG program because from what I have read in XXX University's website, this program offers courses that will fulfill my need. The program also has courses focusing on research. Meanwhile, I have published two papers, in an international and a national proceeding. In the future, I want to do more researches related to service engineering, especially for its implementation in SMEs, in order to benchmark and comprehend the implementation in Indonesia.

In addition, an Islamic proverb once said that "The best knowledge is the one that being practiced. The best treasure is the one that being donated. And the best person is the most useful one to others". That proverb was being an inspiration to my long-term goal: a lecturer. It is because I want to be useful for others with the knowledge that I had. With my high commitment and eagerness to learn more, I believe that I am ready to get out of my "comfort zone" in Indonesia and take part as a student in a challenging new environment in X country.
This is great! I don't understand this part though; 'I have been helping my senior in an SME called ...'--- It sounds like you are a parent of a high school senior, perhaps. (I'm pretty sure this is not the case though).
OP nabila89 1 / 1  
In that sentence, I tried to explain that: my senior in XXX university is the owner of SME (Small and Medium Enterprise) & the SME name is Y. He asked me to help him in doing online marketing and yes I have been helping him since there. I want to explain about that in the motivation letter because that experience is one of my reasons to develop the others SME in Indonesia. But I have no clue how will I re-write the sentence :(

Home / Letters / Motivation Letter for Service Engineering Program by LOTUS 2 scholarship