Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Motivation letter for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, MSc in Structural Engineering

Qadir shah 1 / 2  

Letter of Motivation

Dear Sir/Madam:
With this letter, I would like to express my interest in studying at University of XXX or at University of YYY, respectively under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship wherever I get opportunity as a Master's student.

I completed Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from ABC University in 2018. In my all four years at university I studied structural engineering related subjects. For instance, structural design and drawing, structural analysis, strength of material, steel structure etc. I really liked this subject and I am keen to continue in it. Beside this I have also been working with Rotary International in organizing Polio eradication seminars and other volunteer works since 2015. After graduation I worked with a firm for two years. I worked in public health related construction projects, where I experienced a number of flaws in our construction industry which need improvement and innovation.

The main reason I choose field of XX Engineering for my master's Degree is its ever growing scope and dire need for sustainable design and construction in developing world. Both the fields have been used for enhancing sustainable development in construction Industry. I feel exhilarated about different complex structure designs, such structures create curiosity in me to learn more about them. I am willing to learn about structural engineering in deep, since I believe it is the field that can be considerably my passion. The third main reason why I have chosen XX engineering is its outdated and not very much sustainable availability in my country as well as its worldwide scope especially in developing countries like my country.

Having looked through the master's courses of my interests, I was very delighted to find the opportunity to spend 4 semesters learning XX engineering at University of XXX or at University of YYY. I have decided to apply for this program because I am sure it would strongly enrich my knowledge and help me in my prospective career. Moreover I consider this program as a great opportunity to get in touch with Hungarian culture and educational system. Last but not least, I am very curious about different approaches to the desired course at the foreign university.

I have chosen University of XXX and University of YYY, because of their research output and university ranking in Europe as well as world. I specially appreciate the wide range of offered opportunities and the freedom in making your study plan. Many of the courses offered are unique for me, because there is no equivalent at my home universities. Very important for me is the overall friendly atmosphere at both the university as well as the city.

I would very much like to earn Master's Degree from the University of XXX or University of YYY. I would use my stay in University of XXX or University of YYY for further developing my skills. This would give me a chance to deepen my knowledge in the inspiring, creative, and cosmopolite environment of one of the largest Hungarian Universities. Moreover, I am confident that my experience in Hungary would be extremely exciting, fun, and valuable for both my studies and overall general development.

On returning to my country, after completion of the course, I look forward to apply the knowledge I hope to acquire through learning and experience at Hungarian university. A degree from a well reputed international institute will certainly make it easier for me to get job. And it will give me an opportunity to serve my country, with Hungarian experience and knowledge. I believe that after completing masters in "XX Engineering", I will get a high paid job in my home country as a XX engineer. Thereafter, I will pursue a PhD degree to further explore the field of XX Engineering theoretically as well as practically.

I am fully aware of how competitive the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship selection process is, but I am confident that my academic background, industry experience, and self-motivation make me well-suited for this program. Indeed, receiving admission constitutes a great responsibility and duty to work hard, and it would be an honor to commit myself to this opportunity.
There is an over presentation of information in this essay. You do not need all of this information to complete the Letter of Motivation. You only need a few specific paragraphs from this essay. You may use paragraphs 3,4,5,6 for the revised version. A word of caution though, never combine the discussion for 2 different universities into one presentation. You must present the motivation for each university in separate paragraphs, regardless of the same masters course being chosen. Each university should stand alone and be highlighted, depending upon your reasons for choosing it. If you choose the same course, for the same reasons, at different universities, then the reviewer will consider the application insincere and very little researched as you cannot point out different reasons for choosing the same course at different universities. Where is the motivation for your choice? There isn't any that will convince the reviewer that you are a serious applicant because you could not be bothered to research the curriculum per university and develop unique motivations for each choice.

Home / Letters / Motivation letter for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, MSc in Structural Engineering