Home / Letters % width Posts: 5

Motivation letter for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, MSc in Structural Engineering

Qadir shah 1 / 5  

Letter of Motivation

Dear Sir/Madam:
With this letter, I would like to express my interest in studying at University of XXX or at University of YYY, respectively under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship wherever I get opportunity as a Master's student.

I completed Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from ABC University in 2018. In my all four years at university I studied structural engineering related subjects. For instance, structural design and drawing, structural analysis, strength of material, steel structure etc. I really liked this subject and I am keen to continue in it. Beside this I have also been working with Rotary International in organizing Polio eradication seminars and other volunteer works since 2015. After graduation I worked with a firm for two years. I worked in public health related construction projects, where I experienced a number of flaws in our construction industry which need improvement and innovation.

The main reason I choose field of XX Engineering for my master's Degree is its ever growing scope and dire need for sustainable design and construction in developing world. Both the fields have been used for enhancing sustainable development in construction Industry. I feel exhilarated about different complex structure designs, such structures create curiosity in me to learn more about them. I am willing to learn about structural engineering in deep, since I believe it is the field that can be considerably my passion. The third main reason why I have chosen XX engineering is its outdated and not very much sustainable availability in my country as well as its worldwide scope especially in developing countries like my country.

Having looked through the master's courses of my interests, I was very delighted to find the opportunity to spend 4 semesters learning XX engineering at University of XXX or at University of YYY. I have decided to apply for this program because I am sure it would strongly enrich my knowledge and help me in my prospective career. Moreover I consider this program as a great opportunity to get in touch with Hungarian culture and educational system. Last but not least, I am very curious about different approaches to the desired course at the foreign university.

I have chosen University of XXX and University of YYY, because of their research output and university ranking in Europe as well as world. I specially appreciate the wide range of offered opportunities and the freedom in making your study plan. Many of the courses offered are unique for me, because there is no equivalent at my home universities. Very important for me is the overall friendly atmosphere at both the university as well as the city.

I would very much like to earn Master's Degree from the University of XXX or University of YYY. I would use my stay in University of XXX or University of YYY for further developing my skills. This would give me a chance to deepen my knowledge in the inspiring, creative, and cosmopolite environment of one of the largest Hungarian Universities. Moreover, I am confident that my experience in Hungary would be extremely exciting, fun, and valuable for both my studies and overall general development.

On returning to my country, after completion of the course, I look forward to apply the knowledge I hope to acquire through learning and experience at Hungarian university. A degree from a well reputed international institute will certainly make it easier for me to get job. And it will give me an opportunity to serve my country, with Hungarian experience and knowledge. I believe that after completing masters in "XX Engineering", I will get a high paid job in my home country as a XX engineer. Thereafter, I will pursue a PhD degree to further explore the field of XX Engineering theoretically as well as practically.

I am fully aware of how competitive the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship selection process is, but I am confident that my academic background, industry experience, and self-motivation make me well-suited for this program. Indeed, receiving admission constitutes a great responsibility and duty to work hard, and it would be an honor to commit myself to this opportunity.

Holt [Contributor] - / 9,709 3055  
There is an over presentation of information in this essay. You do not need all of this information to complete the Letter of Motivation. You only need a few specific paragraphs from this essay. You may use paragraphs 3,4,5,6 for the revised version. A word of caution though, never combine the discussion for 2 different universities into one presentation. You must present the motivation for each university in separate paragraphs, regardless of the same masters course being chosen. Each university should stand alone and be highlighted, depending upon your reasons for choosing it. If you choose the same course, for the same reasons, at different universities, then the reviewer will consider the application insincere and very little researched as you cannot point out different reasons for choosing the same course at different universities. Where is the motivation for your choice? There isn't any that will convince the reviewer that you are a serious applicant because you could not be bothered to research the curriculum per university and develop unique motivations for each choice.
OP Qadir shah 1 / 5  
Thank you for suggestions.
OP Qadir shah 1 / 5  
kindly check this letter. your suggestions shall be appreciated.
Thanks

Letter of Motivation

Dear Sir/Madam:
With this letter, I would like to express my interest in studying at Hungarian universities under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship as a Master's student.

I belong to xx. I have studied civil engineering in my bachelor's degree. I completed Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from AAA University in 2018. During bachelor's degree I also got research experience by carrying out research, later presented in an international conference, on 'bbb'. Besides academic activities I have been working with Rotary International in organizing Polio eradication seminars and other volunteer works since 2015 where I have learned different social skills.

In addition, during undergraduate studies I did two internships one focusing office work and other site work. I observed an out dated methodology of designing and execution of construction work. This stimulated me to choose my field of interest and need of hour.

Experience helps to have a good sense of capturing interests and analyse better about scope in market. So, I decided to get at least two years' experience. After graduation, I started my career from a well reputed company, ABC, Where I learnt quite a lot while working in a professional environment. I worked in public health related construction projects. I experienced a number of flaws and old techniques in analysing, designing and construction of structures which need improvement and innovation. Such experience strengthened my will to purse such a field which could be beneficial in long terms for me and my country. Hence, I decided to specialize in Structural Engineering.

The main reason I choose Structural Engineering for master's Degree is its ever growing scope and dire need for sustainable design and construction in developing world. This field is being used for enhancing sustainable development in AEC Industry. The third main reason why I have chosen structural engineering is its outdated and not very much sustainable availability in my country as well as its worldwide scope especially in developing countries like Pakistan.

Moreover, I decided to apply for this program because I am sure it would strongly enrich my knowledge and help me in my prospective career. I consider this scholarship a great opportunity to get in touch with Hungarian culture and educational system. Last but not least, I am very curious about different approaches to the desired course at the foreign university.

I choose to apply for Structural Engineering as my first priority in BBB University for its position in QS World ranking and high research output. Another attracting feature of this university is that it offers specialization in Numerical Modelling, Structures, Geo-technics and Geology, and Structures in Nuclear Power Plants. All four areas have potential to address issues of sustainable development in construction industry of my country.

I, however, choose CCC University as second option for my higher studies after analyzing that it stands second in QS world ranking after BBB University in Hungary regarding my field of interest. Another reason is that its course content focuses on developing skills and reflects current trends in structural analysis and design. Its course covers research methods for engineers.

I would very much like to earn Master's Degree from Hungary. I would use my stay in University for further development of my skills. This would give me a chance to deepen my knowledge in the inspiring, creative, and cosmopolite environment of one of the largest Hungarian Universities. Moreover, I am confident that my experience in Hungary would be extremely exciting, fun, and valuable for both my studies and overall general development.

In last, on returning to my country, after completion of the course, I look forward to apply the knowledge I hope to acquire through learning and experience at Hungarian university. A degree from a well reputed international institute will certainly make it easier for me to get job. And it will give me an opportunity to serve my country, with Hungarian experience and knowledge. I believe that after completing masters in "Structural Engineering", I would get a deserving place in my home country as a Structural engineer. Thereafter, I will pursue a PhD degree to further explore this field theoretically as well as practically.
OP Qadir shah 1 / 5  
2 days ago   #5
kindly check this letter I have improved it according to your suggestions.

Letter of Motivation

Dear Sir/Madam:

Home / Letters / Motivation letter for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, MSc in Structural Engineering