Home / Letters   % width Posts: 6

Motivation letter for Tallinn University of Technology

tornike 1 / 2  
I am writing to express my interest in applying to the Tallinn University of Technology, Bachelor's programme, Integrated Engineering, Software Engineering starting in September 2014.

Throughout my life I've always wanted my dream job to be connected with people and computer systems,
Software Engineering is social, hardworking and creative speciality with opportunities to gain and share lots of useful information with working team, which is great scenario for setting up and achieving new goals, as a result step by step you create your own personality and become better person with various new skills gained, such as being social,respectful,hardworking leader and team worker.That's why I decided that this sphere is perfectly suited for my future career.

Considering that this programme is not taught in Georgia there is lack of people who will intend to develop country in this area , so I believe that my upcoming profession will be useful for my home country with lots of opportunities to develop,adapt,create online or non-online, safe and practical systems for different type of organisations,companies,banks and even for government.There is possibility to use experience of "E-country" estonia and adapt, make even safer, system by which people can vote in elections, in the most reliable way,via ID cards to help contribution of social and technical developments in Georgia.

"Knowledge is Power" is one of the philosophies that my family fulfilled in me.
Since I attended the mathematics school , my parents who are specialist in differents spheres such as: maths, biology & chemistry, history and grandfather who is doctor of technical sciences, gave me outstanding base knowledge during my school life.As a result I've managed to take part in team olympiads, international maths competition "Kangaroo" and one after another took Cambridge English language certificates.

In early teenage years I've already had good base in maths and started learning from simple computer systems, continued with making amatuer level online gaming systems and ended up with creating websites for my educational purposes only and surprisingly once even managed to sell commercial place For curious amount of money 3 lari (1.3 Euro ) on my page.

I think that I took benefit from all the mentioned above and started creating my own special personality.
First of all I learned how to adapt and study various subjects and gradatim explored and exploring new computer spheres, experienced team working and understood how to cooperate. Have never failed in finishing/achieving my goal not because I am very talented, It happened regarding the fact that I truly believe that nobody else, other than me ,could work on myself , so did I and as a result obtained indispensable skills called hard working and reliability.

Estonia has fascinated me by it's international standards in education, excellent support services by universities and safe, calm environment for studying. all of which are approved by international student barometer with Top ranks and by university rankings as well.

I adore tallinn's unique image which is great mixture of UNESCO confirmed centuries old cultural city with very modern, vibrant life, "E-city" which is homeland for many technological achievement such as skype.

I believe indeed ,that Estonia will give me chance to fulfill my dream in becoming qualified software engineer.

Thank you for considering my application.
Yours Faithfully,
Tornike Bokhua
Orangeeskies 5 / 9 1  
Remove the phrase "lots of" form this sentence, "Software Engineering is social, hardworking and creative speciality with opportunities to gain and share lots of useful information with working team..."

This is somewhat confusing for me :( connected with people and computer systems? How can that be a dream job?
I guess you should rephrase this line.

Considering that this programme is not taught in Georgia there is lack of people who will intend to develop country in this area , so I believe that my upcoming profession will be useful for my home country with lots of opportunities to develop,adapt,create online or non-online, safe and practical systems for different type of organisations,companies,banks and even for government.

This is again sounds confusing due its length. I wish you split that sentence into at least two :)
OP tornike 1 / 2  
Thank you
In first sentence my idea is that my dream job should be in computer sphere and for example programmer always works alone etc and software engineers always create projects in team so its more social.

secondly somehow I was always taught to say more in one sentence than ending and starting new sentence with same meaning and lot of uninformative words.

can you suggest how to write then please ?
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
First of all I learned how to adapt and study various subjects and gradatim explored and exploring new computer spheres, experienced team working and understood how to cooperate.

This sounds like a theory. What you need is to write more real-lie examples of you

Throughout my life I've always wanted my dream job to be connected with people and computer systems,Software Engineering is social, hardworking and creative speciality with opportunities to gain and share lots of useful information with working team, which is great scenario for setting up and achieving new goals, as a result step by step you create your own personality and become better person with various new skills gained, such as being social,respectful,hardworking leader and team worker.

Consider telling a relevant story or recounting of a specific experience in the opening paragraph to draw the reader in right away.
OP tornike 1 / 2  

first of all thank you

Thing is though that i don't have any experience in software engineering and tried to put as many info as possible in motivation letter except what programmes i can work with and couple certificates .

and i have question

and surprisingly once even managed to sell commercial place For curious amount of money 3 lari (1.3 Euro ) on my page.

Is this phrase acceptable ? do I need to write this, of course i want to mention it, but does it worth mentioning

Home / Letters / Motivation letter for Tallinn University of Technology