Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Motivational Letter (Environmental Policy 300 word limit)

raysonmily 1 / 1  

Master's programme application letter

It is my ambition to become an Environmental Policy Analyst to help protect the environment, develop agriculture and speed up rural development. Therefore, I am applying for the Master's programme.

During my undergraduate studies, I had a number of opportunities to serve in various capacities as an intern, research assistant and field assistant on agricultural and environmental projects in Ghana where I gained extensive experience and knowledge. I am a field assistant working on a Cargill Ghana sustainability project. I am associated with relevant institutions such as the Forestry Commission of Ghana, Environmental Protection Authority-Ghana, etc. I deem this program to be the perfect opportunity for me to enrich my knowledge and professional growth to contribute to the sustainable development of Ghana. This self-awareness has guided my intellectual pursuits and it is my ambition to study this program in order to gain extensive competence for future academic research.

It is my desire to become an Environmental Policy Analyst and to lead a civil society organization aimed at conservation agriculture, environmental protection and climate change advocacy for sustainable development. I have selected this program carefully after considering the high level of environmental issues facing Ghana and the world at large. Studying this program will provide me with analytical skills to assess issues in international agricultural and environmental policies that have implications on local level development. This would enlighten me on the core issues so as to devise through strategic policies, the necessary way forward for Ghana.

Studying in more than one country will expose me to different environment, cultures and educational systems. These universities have world-class faculties, enriching environments coupled with strong research capabilities and I am certain that being a student at any of these universities will improve upon my knowledge and research skills.

Thank you for your consideration.
Remove the first 2 sentences in your presentation. That creates a redundancy with the last paragraph of the current version. Since this is a motivational letter, you should kick off the presentation with your current 3rd paragraph. That is a clear motivational statement that illustrates the reasons you chose the program and would allow you to explain how your motivation relates to the current situation in Ghana.

Use the current second paragraph, but remove the first sentence that refers to your undergraduate studies as those are irrelevant to the motivational aspect of the discussion. You also need a better closing statement since your thoughts in that part do not relate to your motivational considerations as stated.

Applying these changes should help you create a better motivational letter. One that allows you to properly depict your motivation and all related information for the reviewer's consideration.
OP raysonmily 1 / 1  
Thanks so much for the corrections
Can you please give me any clues about how to close the statement
AnkitaC 1 / 2  
@raysonmily
Your motivation to pursue a masters to eventually apply the result to Ghana. Maybe you can conclude with how the international exposure will help you gain perspective? Also, mention a few strong points about the universities that tie up with your motivation. For instance, is there a certain course, professor or internship opportunity that you think will improve your knowledge and skills?

Home / Letters / Motivational Letter (Environmental Policy 300 word limit)