Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

MSc in Applied Mathematics - MOTIVATIONAL LETTER OF THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM

GEOFRY 1 / 1  
The following are the guidelines to the

motivational letter

.

RE: KIND REQUEST OF SCHOLARSHIP CONSIDERATION.

I am writing to support my application for the master's degree program at the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program, following the Ministry of Education's website advertisement. I am interested in pursuing MSc in Applied Mathematics provided by the chosen universities and studying and living in Hungary.

One of my most potent motivators is the issue of academics and professional innovations. Scholes and Merton received the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1997 for developing "a novel way to assess the value of derivatives." However, this approach is used to price European options and does not consider American options. MSc applied mathematics will offer me the necessary abilities and knowledge to model and apply the skills learned to American option pricing innovation.

The course will provide me with fundamental skills such as modeling and analytic skills, programming and simulation skills, experience with real-life mathematical models such as industry and economy, and handling large amounts of data by integrating mathematical, numerical, and statistical methods. This curriculum and program coverage will help me achieve my financial modeler and advisor aspirations.

In 2020, I developed a climate investing study project in my area. I went to numerous regions where high carbon emissions and researched alternative remedies. Due to budgetary restrictions, the project is now on hold. This project study improved my ability to provide various investment possibilities for an investor's portfolio. In application, I built a greenhouse in my backyard to help save the environment while also providing a source of income. Many financial advisors throughout the world have struggled with the problem of American option pricing since they are exercised at any moment before expiry. I believe that provided this opportunity, and I will be able to model a solution for this successfully. I will be using the knowledge in my native nation by applying mathematics to financial concerns. I intend to give sound financial advice to my family, businesses, and country.

Learning in one of the world's oldest and best universities, as well as a country with stunning architecture, rich history, quality education, a vibrant cultural life, many world heritage sites, and convenient public transportation in the heart of Europe, has its allure and incredible exposure to be attained. One of the difficulties I shall face during my studies in Hungary is the language barrier. It is tough to learn a new foreign language initially, but I will learn as quickly as possible with my diligence and attention.

I know how challenging the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship selection process is, but I am convinced that my academic background, industry experience and self-motivation qualify me for this program. Receiving admission entails a tremendous deal of responsibility and an obligation to work hard, and it would be an honor to devote myself to this chance.

Thank you your time in reviewing my work.
following the Ministry of Education's website advertisement.

You do not need to specificy this part. It should be removed from the essay. It is unnecessary.

by the chosen universities

Mention the universities directly as a part of the summarized information of your intent.

and studying and living in Hungary.

Useless and unnecessary.

Scholes and Merton received the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1997 for developing "a novel way to assess the value of derivatives."

Never mention award winners in a negative manner when writing an application essay. It is better to not mention any notable names at all since you never know when such negative mentions will work against your application.

The course will provide me with ... advisor aspirations.

Do not repeat the course curriculum unless you can directly connect every aspect to a clear motivating factor on your part. The reviewer already knows the course syllabus and need not be reminded what these are.

It appears that you forgot to read or refer to the written interview questions as you progressed with your writing. Your responses stopped halfway through the questionnaire. You must make sure that you address all of the interview questions. You cannot answer these selectively but, you can answer these in combined paragraphs.
OP GEOFRY 1 / 1  
Thank you @Holt
You have really done a good job for me!!

Home / Letters / MSc in Applied Mathematics - MOTIVATIONAL LETTER OF THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM