Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

U.S. Naval Officer Motivational Statement Essay - Navy's core values in order to protect USA

Patriotism. Selflessness. Integrity. Bravery. Commitment.

These are only a few characteristics that represent myself. A few even tie in with the Navy's core values. I have great respect for this country, the values that we as citizens stand for, and the military that protects those rights. As an Officer in the United States Navy, I will continue to demonstrate what it takes to reach your full potential and be the best of the best. There is no other military or branch that I would rather fight for than right here at home in the United States Navy. My passion for serving came a while back when I was in grade school. I used to come home from school and watch the news with my family while we ate dinner. At that time, Operation Iraqi Freedom was well underway, and nearly every night, I would see the portraits of those brave men and women killed during recent events. I felt that the ultimate sacrifice to this country was well worth preserving the values and rights we all know and love. As time ticked on throughout middle school and high school, I had constant thoughts of enlisting into the military and avenging my brothers and sisters who paid the ultimate sacrifice. After years of critical thinking, I was committed to go to a university and receive a degree, therefore I can serve as an Officer.

As a senior at Southern Illinois University Carbondale, I am finishing up my schooling career stronger than ever. I am confident that this will be a great last year, academically, physically, and socially. The improvements of my grades can be seen on my transcript, and I'm a firm believer that having a rough start to college is not the end of the world. Everyone has a time where they need to move away from home to prepare themselves for their future, and my first year of college was that time. Never have lived on my own before, this was a new experience. Taking a full load of classes on top of volunteer service and participation in university clubs led me to be a great self motivator, as well as a committed leader. Not only am I earning one degree, I am earning two, a Bachelors of Science in Aviation Management and an Associates of Applied Science in Aviation Flight. Throughout my time at Southern Illinois University, I learned what it really meant to self-discipline and self-motivate yourself, especially during stressful times.

Being an Officer in the United States Navy is not just any job, it is a privilege to serve under the greatest nation in the world. This position in the U.S. Navy will give me a purpose, a sense of belonging in life. Just the brotherhood of other fellow sailors feeds into the passion in being an aspiring Officer. This brings teamwork to the table. Being a team player on a sports team is great, but being a significant team player in the U.S. Navy as an Officer can be life-saving. Through sports, group projects, community events, or even in the cockpit, I have always been a team player and will always be one. Though I am a well versed individual within the aviation community, it would be pointless to myself if I didn't serve a purpose, something a Naval Officer would have. One thing to point out is that my family has no military background whatsoever. I would like to change this, and start a legacy with my family name. Discipline is a key factor in why I want to be an officer as well. I learned early on that obedience and discipline are very important in life. It makes you respect others humbly, while receiving respect back. Most of my discipline was self taught during school, when I had to manage my time well in order to achieve my difficult goals.

Leadership is the foundation of all Officers in the military. An Officer with weak leadership skills is unable to complete their mission. I consider myself to have exceptional leadership abilities. In my early teenage years, I joined the Civil Air Patrol, a volunteer organization, as a cadet, learning all about military drill, aerospace education, and leadership. As I earned higher ranks, I started mentoring younger cadets just like my mentors helped me. I put together power-points and taught sessions about aviation, as that is an incredibly big passion for me. I also taught younger cadets the art of discipline, and how to hone that skill to be a respected member of their communities. Just recently, two colleagues and I started an aviation club at my university, named Saluki Flight. In this club, we train certified pilots on how to become search and rescue, counter narcotic, cadet orientation, and transport mission pilots for the Civil Air Patrol. We all came together, and with hard work, dedication and leadership, we accomplished our mission successfully. My leadership experience can even be as little as leading a group of friends on what to do and where to go on a particular evening. Or even enhancing my personal leadership skills. You need to learn how to lead yourself before you can lead others. All in all, leadership is essential to keep the United States Navy moving forward.

As stated before in this essay, I have an extensive amount of experience within aviation, as that is what I'm studying in college. The flight training I gained in the civilian world was rigorous yet rewarding, and through perseverance, I was able to earn the highly respected commercial pilot's certificate. I also hold an Instrument Rating and a Remote Pilot Certificate. Each of these certificates included many hours of hard work, studying, self-discipline, self-motivation and leadership. I am currently training to be a Certified Flight Instructor, teaching others how to fly and everything else thats comes about being a pilot. But not only a pilot, a leader and self-motivator too. Not only do I fly with Southern Illinois University, I fly voluntarily for the Civil Air Patrol, assisting them with vital missions, and I also fly as a skydiver pilot. I believe I will be a vital resource as a Naval Aviator due to the experience and skills I already hold. A great pilot never stops learning, and I hope to bring that quality with me as an Officer and Naval Aviator. Aviation presents very unique challenges that I am pleased to take on aggressively.

I am fully aware of this demanding, committed and challenging position as an Officer, but it will ultimately be immensely rewarding. I look forward into living this world class experience. This position will definitely enhance my intellect on what it really means to serve your country. I am prepared at all costs to live up to the U.S. Navy's core values in order to protect the United States of America.
Alexander, I am wondering if your motivational statement essay came with some guide questions as most military officer school applications do. If you have a series of guide questions, I would appreciate it very much if you would post the questions in this thread so that I can better consider the content of your essay in reference to specific requirements. You see, as a general motivational statement, this essay does not hit the mark at all. I do not see a clear, compelling, and relevant motivation within your work. It is important that you display a strong motivation for this essay. Anything from being heavily influenced later, as in as a high school or college student by the battles that the military were involved in. Something along the lines of the battle to take down Saddam Hussein, the hunt for Bin Laden, or the growing discord in the South China Seas. You have to show a keen interest in world affairs where the U.S. Navy may have been heavily involved in order to create a strong connection within yourself and your personal motivation for wishing to attend Navy officer school. I'll wait for the guide questions, if you have any, so that I can point out which possible parts of this essay you can use for the required revision.

Home / Letters / U.S. Naval Officer Motivational Statement Essay - Navy's core values in order to protect USA