Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Negative experience due to the bad service and food. Writing a complaint letter to restaurant owner

adambacon813 6 / 12 1  

criticism of a restaurant maintenance

Dear Sir/Madam,
You are receiving this complaint letter from a customer who was in your restaurant last week on Feb 15th. Back then, I and my girlfriend visited your restaurant to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. Unfortunately, we had a negative experience due to the bad service and food.

My girlfriend and I arrived your restaurant at around 5:30 pm. At first, we were in high spirits. However, it took the waiter about 5 minutes to realize we were waiting to be seated, even though the restaurant was nearly empty back then. Then, it took him an additional ten minutes to get our menu.

It took about 10 minutes that our ordered food was served on the table. In the first place, as my girlfriend and I were ready to start to enjoy our fancy dinner, the first bite of steak makes us feeling not to bite anymore. As it is so salty. We were then requesting for another not salty steak, however, we were told that we need to pay extra for it.

I hope you can give us a swift response regarding the above situation.
Thanks and best regards.
thisissabrinaxx 1 / 3  
Hi @adambacon813
I have read your letter and I would like to give some suggestions on the tone of your writing.
1. Instead of writing "You are receiving this complaint letter from a customer who was in your restaurant last week on Feb 15th." I recommend writing like this " I am writing to complain about..."

2. "as my girlfriend and I were ready to start to enjoy our fancy dinner" should better write in this way, "as my girlfriend and I were ready to start enjoying our fancy dinner"

3. Instead of wiring a swift response, you can write in this way, "I look forward to your reply in due course.""

Home / Letters / Negative experience due to the bad service and food. Writing a complaint letter to restaurant owner