Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

NUS FASS appeal letter (after being rejected) - would I be granted with an offer?

littlecredits 1 / -  
Hello! I have just been rejected by NUS and I wish to submit an appeal. My passion lies in social science and FASS was my only option. Below is the appeal letter I have came up with. Any opinions and vetting is greatly appreciated. And I would like to ask, if you are the reader of my letter and you're from the admissions office, would you grant me an offer? Is it enticing enough and sufficiently displays my passion for the course? Thank you!

==

I would like to be reconsidered for admission to FASS. As a student who studied arts management in polytechnic, my course of study has exposed me to a wide range of societal issues as the arts hold up a mirror to our society. These issues sparked my interest and passion in the social sciences and I find myself researching further, asking questions and enjoying this enriching process. Hence, I feel that pursuing further studies in the social sciences is the most ideal choice which can further my potential to contribute to society in a meaningful way.

In the next 10 years, I see myself as an active contributor in my chosen field of study, in terms of research and igniting interest of the subject among the young, and a quality education which FASS keenly provides will assist me in this goal. If I am offered admission to FASS, I greatly ensure you that my confidence and enthusiasm will allow me to excel in the course. I hope you can present me with the opportunity to pursue my passion in the social sciences.
- ..my course of study has exposed me to a wide range of societalsociety issues as the arts hold up a mirror to our society.

- ..in terms of research and igniting interest of the subject among the young generation , and a quality...

- If I am offeredMy admission to FASS, Iwill greatly ensure you that my confidence and enthusiasm will allow me to excel in the course. I hope you can present me with the opportunity to pursue my passion in the social sciences.I hope you allow this opportunity to pursue my passion in social science.

Littlecredits, I'm not sure why you got rejected by NUS so having that in mind, I'm not sure how this appeal would help.

In an application for scholarship, they normally ask for some points to talk about or elaborate in the letter such as your background, education, your passion and the drive behind your application.

I suggest you go back to the application points to reconsider the construction of your letter, let us help you by posting it here and we will work on it together.

Keep writing

Cheers!!!

Home / Letters / NUS FASS appeal letter (after being rejected) - would I be granted with an offer?